James Murdoch Resigns From News Corp Board

James Murdoch, son of octogenarian media mogul Rupert Murdoch, announced his abrupt resignation from the board of News Corporation Friday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1323612

Little turd slips out. Happens all the time.

4 Likes

I really could use some more context-

16 Likes

I guess we now know who is the ethical least unethical one in the family.

19 Likes

I’m not seeing anything out there that would explain what this means, if anything. One commenter said he and his wife had already expressed disappointment with climate change denial in certain Australian publications, and they seem to lean liberal generally.

32 Likes

I’m sure FAUX News will react to this in a calm, collected manner, as always.

6 Likes

Murdochs in disarray!

19 Likes

Both are social liberals and strong environmentalists.
James had already quit the board of 21st Century Fox because of FoxNews programming.

Politically, he’s liberalish, and the polar opposite of Daddums and brother Lachlan.

31 Likes

A tiny bit more context, some of which @mattinpa already touched on…

5 Likes

Fox News is currently housed under the Fox Corporation, a separate business entity from News Corp.

So if he’s resigning from News Corp, obviously it’s not because of Fox News. It could be because of the editorial comments of the Wall Street Journal (housed under News Corp), that bastion of lunacy that would do OANN proud. Or perhaps one of News Corp’s international holdings. Perhaps time will tell.

10 Likes

Fun fact, “Murdoch” is the anglicized version of their original homeland “Mordor”.

It apparently happened when they arrived at Botany Bay for processing.

31 Likes

He doesn’t have anything to do with Fox Corporation. That’s Lachlan’s baby.

5 Likes

Yeah, LACHLAN was the one sending ‘we have your back’ emails to Tucker Carlson over his RACIST head writer.

Jamie has been splitting from this for at least a year.

9 Likes

“True patriots are we, for be it understood - we left our country, for our country’s good…”

10 Likes

So he finds the family business units are too strident for his taste?

Or not enough?

Seems like a comment from someone involved with the transportation industry…

2 Likes
7 Likes

I’m trying to find this really good in-depth article on Lachlan that I read in the last year or two. Short version: Very intelligent, loner at school, white supremacist.

14 Likes

Yup, on me mum’s side (although to be fair, her father’s side of the family didn’t get there until after The Great War and we’re not exactly sure when her mum’s family got there, so it’s actually possible that they didn’t have any, errrr, “convictions” to support, if you get my drift…)

7 Likes

Must be hard to have scruples when you live off of the wealth generated by great evil.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available