Jack Smith Releases Report Detailing What Crimes Trump Committed on January 6

Dump told EVERYONE this. He was counting on PA the deciding state and was pretty public about this strategy. The Republican Party would’ve gone along with it too. Fortunately, he lost in too many states for PA to decide the election.

21 Likes

Apart from being the worst possible kind of religious nutbar who wants to impose his fake religion on everyone on the country and as dumb as a rock. He did one decent thing in his entire goddamn life (and that took Potatoe Quayle to push him to do it), so no need to write a hagiography about him. He’d quite happily watch as his hencemen burnt me at the stake for being a heretic

24 Likes

NOTHING CAN STOP THEM!

Trust the plan!

1 Like

Not enough! Come on, birds! Either that or nest in it

1 Like

Flock of 1000 Men Working Without Hats.

Sadly, not my own

5 Likes

Thanks for summary. Regarding point #2, for some reason I am under the impression that the some federal court has already held (perhaps around one of the Jan 6 cases) that participating in a riot to stop Congress from certifying an election does NOT amount to interfering with an official function.

Interfering with an official function by this reading has to involve interfering with official papers. I know it sounds insane. My memory may be playing tricks with me. Can anyone clarify this for me?

9 Likes

Fifteen minutes after The Guardian, TPM and my local TV station.

“Reader’s guide”

2 Likes

Um, should that be “10,000 Men?”

3 Likes

We’ve been learning a lot in recent years about the capacity of even truly horrible jerks to have limits. It’s always startling to encounter.

7 Likes

10,000 Men At Work!

4 Likes

The “Pence Plan” was originally concocted in Florida during the 2000 recount. The idea was that the state legislature would convene to appoint its own slate of electors, which would then be submitted to Congress as the state’s actual electors. The idea was widely criticized as illegally changing election law after the election, but it obviously stuck with Chesebro.

49 Likes

Saw first paragraph w/2nd below the screen and thought, “But he can’t focus! Especially not right now!” Then I got to the second one. Yes! Please proceed, Mister Former Guy Sir!! :grinning:

3 Likes

Later, on January 2, Trump told Pence that a senator was planning to propose a 10-day delay in the certification. Per reporting at the time, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) made a similar proposal.

“Oh! Is that so?”

44 Likes

My thought was, sort of, “pre-embarrass.” Deter? Try to make corrupt action more difficult because we are using your own methods.

2 Likes

Lay off of channel 9!

3 Likes

Absolutely!

16 Likes

When Trump was told on Jan 6 that Pence was being taken to a safer place in the Capitol, Trump turned to him and said, “So what?”

27 Likes

OCTOBER SURPRISE!!

Not just for Republicans anymore. Yeah, let’s have the news media chewing this one over all week and the weekend, too. Bravo, Jack Smith and Judge Chutkan!

33 Likes

He was right. His mental decline has gotten so bad that MSM has finally started to mention it.

You gotta strike while the iron is hot, and you can’t take it with you. He figured he didn’t really have 4-8 more years.

I hope his end is excruciating.

29 Likes