Jack Smith Pounds Trump For His Unprecedented Conduct In MAL Case

I think the distinction is that Donnie was repeatedly asked to return said documents. He then proceeded to only return a handful, and ordered people around him to move/hide the documents. Which shows intent. And to get right down to it those documents are not his, he did not commission them, he also did not pay to have them produced, and thus his claim of ownership is tenuous.

37 Likes

I don’t think any one else REFUSED TO RETURN the documents.

21 Likes

I’ve been dreading this ever since Bradley testified. Because it seemed likely to me that at least some of the knowledge Bradley has about the Willis and Wade relationship wouldn’t be covered by attorney-client privilege. Now it appears (according to this article) that the judge has reached that conclusion.

We’ll have to wait for the hearing to find out whether Bradley’s testimony paints Willis and Wade as perjurers. But we won’t have to wait too long… the hearing is this afternoon.

I feel sorry for the Assistant DAs who have been tasked with trying to keep the lid on this information. They have been put in a extremely difficult situation by their boss.**

** I’m assuming, perhaps unfairly, that the information is bad for Willis and Wade. But it’s hard to imagine getting to this point if the information were benign.

16 Likes

@txlawyer ?

Well, they used to be made in China–and now Mexico is the US’s largest trading partner. Correlation is not causation, but . . .

10 Likes

17 Likes

I’m afraid the whole god-damned case is about to get memory holed.

4 Likes

When it has enough excess money to bribe…er, I mean lobby members of Congress and influence judges?

13 Likes

The 25-year-old senior airman in the Air Force who died after setting himself ablaze Sunday outside the Israeli embassy in Washington as a protest in support of Gaza was raised in a religious compound in Orleans, Massachusetts, and self-identified as an anarchist, the Washington Post reports.

oh

8 Likes

20240227_Orange_Lives_Matter

40 Likes

I think the distinction is that he was even asked, nicely, to return those documents. If I had ever taken so much as a Confidential document home, and the government had found out about it, they would have demanded it back, and given me a Security violation, jeopardizing my clearance, and hence my job. If I didn’t cooperate, I would have been served a search warrant, and hauled off to jail when it was discovered.

I’ve spoken with security officers, mostly Republicans, who are apoplectic about TFG’s docs.

42 Likes
23 Likes

How’s about an Asiatic wildcat for today’s requisite feline?

If it were orangey, it wouldn’t be all that different from my co-resident cat.

23 Likes

“I just don’t follow the news. It’s all so depressing, but I liked it on Celebrity Apprentice when he said, “You’re fired.”

22 Likes

:dagger:, :fork_and_knife:, :spoon:

1 Like
35 Likes

Peter Navarro was ordered the other day to return documents that he shouldn’t have; I admit to not knowing/remembering whether they have some sort of “classified” status, though.

10 Likes

I think the nature of the information, to the extent it can be revealed, will be enough to inform the public of what Trump did. Nothing perks up the ears quite like the phrase “nuclear secrets.”

10 Likes

Raising a child in the LDS is abuse.

14 Likes

Tonight might be a reason, but I’m beginning to regret supporting the EC abolishment.

3 Likes