Jack Smith Pounds Trump For His Unprecedented Conduct In MAL Case

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1481743
1 Like

AKA the truth.
Jack is making the case so understandable, even this judge can understand it. What she does with that information is still up to her at this time. Perhaps the change in communication strategies will have a positive effect on independent voters understanding what is at risk In the documents case.
Jack provides an alternative to alternative facts.

78 Likes

“Here are some of the things”

49 Likes

Jones! How many of those do you have?

28 Likes

I have about 10 “things” in a bag with the police caution tape and the 30 green clown noses.
I’m ready for anything!

56 Likes

“[P]erhaps the most interesting moments in the proceedings arose when the right-wing justices’ long-held reflexive positioning came into conflict with a newer strain of their ideology: old-school, free market, pro-business conservatism vs. the new age, Trumpian culture wars.”

It’s odd how often the reflexive response causes problems when it impacts the reality of the world. It’s almost as if the culture wars are based on mistaken assumptions about actual reality.

61 Likes

At some point, will our judicial system stop playing with this man-child troll, and pin him down to bring us a merciful end to this clown show?

Sadly, I have my doubts.

43 Likes

Who is Judge Alan Albright?

45 Likes

“On the one hand, both-sidesing requires no thought and demands little work. On the other hand, it rewards liars and destroys democracy.” - Timothy Snyder

The expanding strangeness of the New York Times where denial now constitutes an alternative reality makes me wonder can the grey lady change her colors? Will she?

39 Likes

Here’s to hoping that Biden and Schumer are filling all the federal judge vacancies with competent people. I very much hope this is happening.

38 Likes

I’m sorry but I don’t get how the private life of Fani Willis has anything to do with Trump trying to overturn the results of the Georgia elections and his call to Brad Raffensperger.

73 Likes

David, thanks for including Timothy Snyder’s tweet,

“On the one hand, both-sidesing requires no thought and demands little work. On the other hand, it rewards liars and destroys democracy.”

It is always worth checking in with Professor Snyder, probably our current foremost expert on tyranny, among other areas.

56 Likes

Since when is a scam an “industry?”

41 Likes

When I heard Heitkamp on Talking Feds yesterday morning at first my jaw dropped, thinking ‘what a crazy thing to say on a podcast?’ Then I figured, well she can’t be a total moron, and I expected something to break on the story imminently. Nothing corroborating her yet though. And I don’t put any stock in the lawsuit filing, but still interesting the more time passes.

17 Likes

Is the cardinality of Thing ∞ countable or uncountable?

16 Likes

And every single one of these culture wars comes straight out of the tax-free church.

42 Likes

In Texas.

30 Likes

82 Likes

Thank you Tim Snyder.

ETA. Although I do have to admit I only got about fifty pages into Blooodlands. Too depressing.

12 Likes

A proper grift can be pretty hard work. The Sting is actually fairly accurate as to the effort that goes into a successful long con.

32 Likes