Jack Smith Kept On Truckin’ Even After The MAL Indictment

PWPH was big for me and my little brother, being kids in the 80’s. The guy arguably had legit chops, but pigeonholed himself with the character I think. Feels odd to say it about a 70 year old man (and one who was caught being naughty like that), but it feels like the world lost some of its quota of innocence today.

11 Likes

When we drink to his memorial, we will all drink Tequila

17 Likes

I’m glad my daughter didn’t have the same experience I did either. But, she did create her own rock selling business in the basement when she was 5. It probably is something genetic… I would get calls from angry mothers demanding she return their kid’s money. :laughing:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Even an after-school job limits the time for homework, tutoring or just exploring different interests by joining a club. Not to mention completing the volunteer hours required for graduation.

A couple shifts a week wouldn’t be too bad- but an employer would prefer someone who could work whenever rather than someone who has to fit work in around other activities. So they have every incentive to lean on kids to pawn their futures in exchange for good shifts today.

6 Likes

We were helping to get them to their 72 virgins quicker, but liberals got bored of that.

2 Likes

for the win

3 Likes

too bassoon!

10 Likes

Until the adult theater arrest, the show still had staying power and he cancelled it on his own (the grind got him).

It wasn’t his first arrest (he had two previous ones that were tamped down),and it wasn’t his last 1 (he got caught up in the Jeffrey Jones scandal)

However ,he’s the true answer to that Trump brag about being a celebrity, his career survival was a dice roll.

4 Likes

He was hilarious as an inbred prince on 30 Rock.

4 Likes

Oboe you didn’t!

6 Likes

The Party of Lincoln is what is now called the Democratic party.
The Republican party is the party of the Two Andrews: Johnson and Jackson.

Someone is going to point out that Johnson was a Democrat, or the Jackson reference is anachronistic. Those who were Democrats back then are the spiritual forebears of today’s Republicans. Jackson was the only president to have personally driven slave coffles; then there is his Indian Removal act, his Trail of Tears.

I was recently at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, for a Holocaust exhibit. There is a full-size replica of Reagan’s Oval Office. The office is decorated the way the incumbent wants it to be. On the wall is a painting of Jackson. Rather perfect – and ironic, given the exhibit – that the old racist Reagan revered a man who conducted his own Death March over a century before the Nazis did theirs.

The Republican Party is the Andrews Party.

7 Likes

…after 20 years…

Besides we have our own Taliban to deal with here…

4 Likes

I knew someone would harp on that…

5 Likes

that’s just a cymbalic protest on your part

6 Likes

Hard to overstate how big that movie was for my age group at the time. It ranks up there in memories with everything from ET to The Goonies to Back to the Future to the first Batman (Keaton is the best one BTW…nobody else came close haha).

3 Likes

NBC News reached out to 44 of the dozens of people who served in Trump’s Cabinet over his term in office. Most declined to comment or ignored the requests.

Not abandoned at all. These assholes will vote for Trump.

1 Like

78 years on, we’re still in Germany and Japan. I can’t speak for Japan, but Germany may have turned out a lot different if we had left after a mere 20 years, while a good chunk of old literal Nazis were still in and around government.

Bundestag document 17/8134 officially announced, for the first time, something which had been treated as a taboo in the halls of government for decades: A total of 25 cabinet ministers, one president and one chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany – as postwar Germany is officially known – had been members of Nazi organizations.

The document revealed that Chancellor Kurt Georg Kiesinger, a member of the conservative Christian Democratic Union (CDU) who governed Germany from 1966 to 1969, had been a member of the Nazi Party ever since Adolf Hitler seized power. According to the Interior Ministry list, German President Walter Scheel, a member of the business-friendly Free Democratic Party (FDP) who was in office from 1974 to 1979, had been a Nazi Party member “from 1941 or 1942.”

The list names ministers of all political stripes and from a wide range of social backgrounds. Some, like leftist Social Democratic Party (SPD) mastermind Erhard Eppler (Minister of Economic Cooperation), did not become Nazi Party members until the end (at 17, in Eppler’s case). Others, like conservative Christian Social Union (CSU) agitator Richard Jaeger (Minister of Justice), had been part of Hitler’s paramilitary organization, the SA (since 1933, in Jaeger’s case). Even FDP luminary Hans-Dietrich Genscher (first interior minister and later foreign minister), who denies to this day that he knowingly joined the Nazi Party, is listed as a Nazi Party member.

7 Likes

Will you people quit trumpeting about the Taliban’s hatred of music and musicians?

7 Likes

Sounds like Child Endangerment to me. Scanning unopened alcoholic beverages in a grocery store setting; not so much. Do Minimum Wage laws apply to 14 y.o. in WI?

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available