Jack Smith Has 50 Pages Of Real-Time Notes From Evan Corcoran

Justice Dept will seek 25-years in prison

And his family will ask the judge for 30 and a restraining order.

35 Likes

Re: Lawyer’s notes

Amos 5:24 "But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream."

18 Likes

I know this is piddly, but I would like to force George Santos to produce an actual Andrew Olson who served as his treasurer or face more accountability for additional lies and/or fraud. Did “Andrew Olson” sign official statements?

39 Likes

Only if that dangerous feckless demagogue is lock away for a goo long term where he cannot exercise the powers of any, even the slightest, elective office.

7 Likes

“Roy Cohn never took notes.”

Epshteyn is clearly getting set up as the fall guy for the obstruction. Take the deal, Boris!

61 Likes

Wouldn’t matter. As long as he didn’t let the masses act like that, the Republican Party ignores all personal ‘impropriety’ by Republicans in power.

28 Likes

The House and Senate best not fuck up the world economy.
I’m just a constituent and I vote but no one in DC is listening.

8 Likes

Trump Was Warned

President Trump was warned by his lawyer Evan Corcoran that he could not retain classified documents at Mar-a-Lago after they were subpoenaed last year by a DC federal grand jury, the Guardian reports.

Case Closed???

COBB: I think that this case is ready to go. I think there is a possibility that the obstruction case may be broadened to go ahead and include the Espionage Act and counts and the possession, illegal possession of the classified documents, given the extent that, and solely because of the fact that Trump keeps lying about what the law is.

And they may – they may decide that it’s important enough for the country to fully grasp that. They don’t need that to prove the obstruction. Trump could be right that he can declassify these things between foot massages, but the reality is that’s just – that’s just not the truth.

The simple truth is there is a process, apparently, 16 different government officials reminded him of the process at least that impacted them. And he totally ignored that and believed that the mere fact he took them declassifies them. It’s not the law.

BURNETT: What’s interesting you’re saying obstruction, but they could also include espionage to make the point.

COBB: Yeah –

(CROSSTALK)
BURNETT: So what do you think the actual charges will be, and in them, would Trump be looking at jail time?

COBB: So, I wouldn’t if it was me, based on my own prosecutorial career, I would not necessarily expand the case to try to prove the Espionage Act piece of it because there’s so much evidence of guilty knowledge on the espionage piece that all they really have to do is show that Trump moved these documents at various times when DOJ was either demanding them or actually present, that he filed falsely with the Justice Department, had his lawyers file falsely with the Justice Department and affidavit to the effect that not existed, which was shattered by the documents that they then discovered after the search.

And the many other misrepresentations that he and others have made on his behalf with regard to his possession of classified documents. So, I think this is – I think this obstruction case is a tight case. And, yes, I do think he’ll go to jail on it
(our emphasis)

This is part of the transcript of CNN’s Erin Burnett interviewing former Malignant Loser White House lawyer Ty Cobb, specifically about the case that Special Counsel Jack Smith is assembling on the Malignant Loser’s handling of classified documents. We like the sound of that last sentence.

35 Likes

I did not actually read the obituary of C. Boyden Gray, but I think the Republican Party has been headed to where it is today since 1964–Goldwater’s opposition to the Civil Rights Act, the subsequent Southern Strategy of Nixon to pull in disaffected segregationist white southern Democrats, and the rise of Ronald Reagan, all seem to have redirected the Republican Party onto the trajectory that it is on now.

My thinking is heavily influenced by Geoffrey Kabaservice’s (pre-Trump!) book, Rule and Ruin: The Downfall of Moderation and the Destruction of the Republican Party.

But even if I see how I think we all got to where we are, I feel little certainty about where we are all headed. Stay strong, everyone, and advocate for the people that modern Republicanism persecutes.

56 Likes

A transgender student skipped her public high school commencement ceremony…

Good on them. Skipped mine for less.
It was a rare thing that I ever again saw anyone I went to HS with.

30 Likes

How Fox News’ Laura Ingraham walked back her report on the supposed removal of homeless vets from a hotel in New York state to make room for migrants that turned out to be a complete fabrication:

20 Likes

What a sweet headline, 50 pages of real-time notes. I thrill to this bit of trumpoison.

38 Likes

An actual retraction of a lie? From a FOX propagandist? There must be some devious explanation …

7 Likes

Is Juan Ciscomani your Representative? Call his office and give them an earful.

1 Like

How Trump’s Call for Debt Default Could Bite GOP in the Ass (thedailybeast.com)

But Trump’s open flirtation with a default matters more than Republicans might like to acknowledge. It undermines them in that he is unreservedly teasing out the logical conclusion of the GOP’s negotiating position—in a way that could attract public blame if a default does happen.

“Sometimes Donald Trump says the true things out loud,” said Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT).

“Their entire strategy is predicated on their willingness to default being real and believable,” Murphy said. “Nobody would negotiate with them over their crazy set of demands to kick thousands of kids off nutritional benefits and Head Start if you didn’t think they were.”

27 Likes

Here’s a picture that is only going to get more sinister in the history books … portrait of treasonous thug!

19 Likes

Ingraham: A little update on a story we brought you this week about homeless vets being displaced from hotels so illegals can move in, turns out the group behind the claim made it up. We have no clue why anyone would do such a thing.

Here’s a little reminder for you,

58 Likes

Christamitey! That’s just too nasty looking!

18 Likes

No shit Lambert?
Would have told you that for free three years ago.

‘A dumbass and his billions are oft grifted.’

12 Likes

I guess Lambert wanted to keep quiet the part where the election will also be a referendum on all the Republicans, from the top of the ticket to the bottom.

31 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available