Ivanka Trump Ignores WH’s Guidelines Against Nonessential Travel To Stay At Father’s Resort

To be fair, they’re probably the only ones there. Oops. My bad. Except for the people who have to work to protect them, those who have to work to cook their food, those who have to come in and clean up the rooms, those who have to keep the pool in shape, those who have to cut the grass so that it looks nice, those who…
And most of them aren’t documented anyway, so there will be no loss of votes. (And I’m guessing the Secret Service guys have had enough of them already.)
Remember that they’ve already written off the people who are going to die to allow them to maintain their lifestyles.

27 Likes

I only kind of agree with you. She’s not the fish in the pond worth dropping a line to catch. But, Ivanka’s activities only ever show up when they affirm some larger and ongoing story. And to that extent I am glad TPM is tracking them.

In this case, I don’t think it’s the “Trumps don’t follow social distancing practices” story. They are walking vectors. We understand that.

It’s more the “Nightmarishly rich people think Covid-19 is an excuse to vacay” and “Trumps gotta grift whenever, by using government resources like a piggy bank” stories.

Those are, actually, really important stories for journalism to develop. Right now.

28 Likes

Look, what do you want from the poor socialite? I bet that her favored stylist, colorist and mani-pedi folks were located there or nearby so what’s a spoiled and shallow rich brat who’s never had a real paying job in her life to do? Have you ever tried to break a matzoh with unpolished fingernails?!?

17 Likes

Yeah, not really a surprise there. Surprised TPM is even covering it. Not really a news story, no ‘film at 11’…

This is my ‘surprised’ face: :neutral_face:

1 Like

The Benghazi treatment from congress along with a Ken Star style deep dive by a fully staffed and funded special prosecutor is needed come January.

We need a list of people who will need special prosecutors appointed to look into their crimes.

Bill Barr is near the top of the list with the dauphin and his neerdowell wife.

21 Likes

I mean, she did single-handily create 14 million jobs!

13 Likes

My question is not only did they go to Bedminister, but who else joined them for Passover? Doesn’t Jared’s parents live in NJ?

13 Likes

Not the kind of essential service I was think of…

3 Likes

Someone should ask whether the Kushner parents traveled from their nearby home to join them for a seder?

11 Likes

“Gaslighting can’t win if we make real-time records of their abuses.”

That’s right.

When all of this is journaled and documented, there will still be – still be - several million people who will swear they don’t see it, that the Trumps didn’t do that, and even if they did, it wouldn’t matter.

But that several million will be several million fewer than it was in 2016.

And that matters. A lot.

22 Likes

Who wouldn’t want to get away from the cuck?

Ok, ok, you guys are right. We DO need to document these things. My hope would be for a tribunal, or some such investigation…:imp:

6 Likes

Risk doesn’t matter.
What the Trump’s will be charging us Taxpayers for their stay is what matters.

15 Likes

Look out Jared. The COVID virus can live up to 3 days on plastic.

Science Daily

21 Likes

Eating bitter herbs off golden plates. How appropriate.

8 Likes

Yes, tribunals would be a good idea, I even have a place in mind

11 Likes

Bad move.
Ought go into hiding. Wait. Until things cool down a tad.
Take a nom de guerre. Something nondescript. Like Karadžić. Or Stalin.

8 Likes

:joy: Hahaha! Thats EXACTLY what I was thinking but, you know, the ‘other’ Nuremberg. :joy:

7 Likes

OT, sort of.

Dark haired people who dye their hair blond are vain idiots. And, it looks stupid.

15 Likes

She and Wonderboy will never be able to show their faces in NYC ever again.

17 Likes