‘It Was Dour’: Trump’s Latest Jabs At GOPers Who Bucked Him Fall Flat Within Party | Talking Points Memo

He’ll be pivoting to pleading the 5th soon enough.

3 Likes

The jackals are starting to nip at the heels of the tottering elephant. When it weakens enough, they will turn and devour it. No one will have ever been a true supporter, they all will have had strong concerns from the beginning, they were just concerned about party unity, e.t.c. Not there yet but his hold is slowly but surely weakening. Once the animal begins to falter, it’s going to be a bloodbath.

20 Likes

Any film or at least photographs of this latest speech? Just checking on skin tone and obesity factor

9 Likes

Served? Not with The Con Man as host. Sold, perhaps, but there are no freebies if Trump was in charge of this shindig.

1 Like

He was dour, sour, and all aglower, cauliflower.

12 Likes

He is a crude, rotten bully. He ‘thinks’ that’s how the working class ‘talks’ but it’s not. He is an ignorant ‘ist’…every single one of them.

9 Likes

"Christ, what an asshole." – Lucy von Pelt

7 Likes
3 Likes

Soliciting money from wealthy donors to seek revenge against Republicans who didn’t worship him seems like a bad fundraising strategy.

12 Likes

It is thrilling to see Trump lashing out and Republicans not giving a fuck.

8 Likes

Except the media.

4 Likes

I’m not disagreeing about the need to do as well as possible given the GOP built-in advantages including their willingness to take any and all advantages no matter how heinously unprecedented. My point, not made clearly enough, is that I don’t think you can even hope that Trump, one of the most erratic and volatile people alive today and not the world’s healthiest individual, will be and do what you need for the desired result to emerge. Unless the entire GOP straightens up and flies right, a thing they show close to zero interest in, I think the damage they’ve done themselves will continue to work against them. I mean, shit, let’s hope they do become good civic citizens. That’s just as likely as it is that a crazy old man will speak and act precisely as you wish him to.

8 Likes

That’s true, it will be impossible to go back and make changes to the events of 20 years ago. :wink:

1 Like

Imagine how, IF THAT WERE TRUE, a hostile foreign intelligence service, say, could have made use of that during Trump’s Presiduncy. That would have been bad.

[screams into the void for a few hours]

22 Likes

After saying that the GOP needs “unity” in order to overcome its loss of the majority on Capitol Hill, Hutchinson called on the Republican to return to its “principles” by stopping its “personality divisions” and pushing for a “smaller government.”

Pushing for a smaller government led to over half a million American dead. Each state was left to fend for it’s self.

The Post similarly reported that some of the GOP donors who attended Trump’s speech were fed up with the former president’s replaying of his “greatest hits.” The former president’s long-winded rant reportedly received mixed reviews, with some donors leaving for a bus back to the hotel in the middle of Trump’s remarks.

One I’d like to know the attendance of this event.
Two who Ubered the Hell out of there.
Three what level of donor class was this?

7 Likes

I want to see his complete destruction. Like Mifune at the end of “Throne of Blood.”

4 Likes

Thanks. I’ll correct that.

People paid $100,000 just to be in the same room with him. He still has that kind of appeal to the wealthy and surely the not so wealthy.
He’ll suck on that till it runs dry.

7 Likes

This “man” would be a career for a well trained psycho-therapist. There’s an epic amount of disorder in that head. And I am grateful he no longer is in possession of the nuke button.

7 Likes

“He didn’t talk about the positive things that his administration has done”

I.E. “ABUNDA LA CACA” :rofl:

Yeah, real positive vision you have to offer anyone except the shortsighted ultra wealthy and wingnuts of every stripe there, motherfuckers.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available