‘It Was Dour’: Trump’s Latest Jabs At GOPers Who Bucked Him Fall Flat Within Party | Talking Points Memo

Well, you just keep rolling that rock up the hill and see how far you get. Pro tip, eagles are not your friend.

14 Likes

I don’t think you can Goldilocks this thing and dial in just the right amount of Trump to hurt the GOP further. They’re pretty hurt in any district where our own strong demographics have an influence. Aunt Betty will not turn up for dinner come Thanksgiving time; she’ll still be dead. The economic damage will linger. Things will be better but only because we threw the GOP out. Footage of the insurrection will still be available. The crazy voices will not be back in the sewer for a while yet. We have a real risk of a domestic terror movement. Trump is mostly gone. Let’s hope it stays that way.

39 Likes

“It Was Dour.”

Quelle surprise :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

11 Likes

I want Trump out of the American political picture a bit further down the road.

Like tomorrow.

15 Likes

“…He didn’t talk about the positive things that his administration has done.”

Of course he didn’t and there’s a damn good reason. He wouldn’t know positive if it jumped up and bit him on his ample ass.

12 Likes

"…He didn’t talk about the positive things that his administration has done.”

No shit. Name one.

21 Likes

The definition of “dour” starts with “relentlessly.”

The world has heard enough from the Trump family.

5 Likes

Beat ya.

2 Likes

“dour” rhymes with “hoor” – as they say in MA.

2 Likes

And so ya did, pilgrim.

1 Like

Hey, everyone can relate to a negative attitude, especially if you are a conservative.

Republicans couldn’t be happy even if The Rapture took them straight to heaven. They’d go right to work complaining and ruining it for those already resting there in peace.

Without a party platform, any remaining principles or family values or even a party leader who isn’t certifiably criminal and soon to be indicted, Republicans might want to reconsider all the fun they are having right.

They might even go so far as to actually find religion for the first time in their lives?

13 Likes

I believe Kevin McCarthy will be visiting on his hands and knees in 5…4…3…2…1…

5 Likes

They found their religion and it is Trump. What they are finding out is that ETTD and they never thought it would apply to them. Too bad, suckers. Not.

16 Likes

LOL, GOP. Pottery Barn Rule IN EFFECT!

6 Likes

Yup. My instant reaction: “Like what?”

3 Likes

That’s a succinct way of putting a risk in a single expression. Bravo!

But while I acknowledge that there are risks, the Democrats can’t hope to hold and even build on results in 2022, especially with a new set of Republican gerrymandered House districts without taking some risks. Trump and trumpists are both internally divisive to Republicans and strong turnout motivators for Dem turnout.

Warnock and, less so, Kelly face some serious obstacles in 2022. NV and NH are also somewhat at risk. While PA, WI, NC and possibly OH and even FL are potential gains, the odds increase dramatically if the Republicans field a Trump candidate with Trump not on the ballot. His cult of personality is strong enough within the party to control many primaries, but a good number of Trump supporters just won’t make the requisite efforts unless Trump is on the ballot.

Trump is an net asset to Democrats chances when he isn’t on the ballot if he’s wielding serious influence on candidate selection. He’s the biggest factor in whether the Democrats can gain 4 or 5 senate seats in 2022 IMHO.

ETA - “without taking some risks” to complete the intended thought being expressed

Also, correct year to 2022

3 Likes

I’d love to know which donors were there, and how much coke was served.

2 Likes

“He didn’t talk about the positive things that his administration has done.”

There’s an obvious reason for that.

16 Likes

A lot of them have been dying off of late like Sheldon Anderson. A whole generation of the Top 1% Reagan hypocrites are reaching the end of their road to perdition.

4 Likes

I think most of them were onboard with T** wrecking the country and were willing to accept his 24/7 “whining and complaining and airing his grievances” as the price of advancing the GOP dream. Now that he’s no longer in a position to deliver they expect him to pivot to something he has never been and cannot be.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available