Inside Trump Promises To Match Donor Contributions By Eyebrow-Raising Amounts

OT:

“Though Senator Graham argues that he is exempt from testifying as a high ranking government official, the Court finds that the District Attorney has shown extraordinary circumstances and a special need for Senator Graham’s testimony on issues relating to alleged attempts to influence or disrupt the lawful administration of Georgia’s 2022 elections,” the judge wrote in her ruling.

25 Likes

That’s what “high-ranking government official” means to Graham:

• Unlimited perks
  • Unlimited irresponsibility
18 Likes

Mostly I think Graham is just terrified. I’m not even sure of what, exactly

15 Likes

That the pics of him and young boys might slip out into public view.

5 Likes

In the charitable world, matching is generally a scam as well, but a more benign one. The big donor has already pledged the whole amount, and agreed to allocate some or all of it for matching. But if the small-donor contributions fall short, it’s not as if the big donor then rescinds part of their donation. It just goes onto the books in different pieces.

Meanwhile, it should be really scary to have wire fraud as one of your smaller problems:

A person can face very serious penalties if he or she is convicted of wire fraud. First, it is important to understand that a person who is convicted of wire fraud can face penalties for each single fraudulent act. For one act of wire fraud, a person can expect to face the following penalties:
Fines up to a maximum of $250,000.
A prison sentence up to 20 years.

per fraudulent act.

10 Likes

Funny how none of the rubes question why a billionaire needs to raise money from them.

8 Likes

Anyone who believes anything Trump tells them deserves to be took.

7 Likes

This is sheer speculation, but I’ve wondered if the FBI’s espionage investigation might include some GOP members of Congress

16 Likes

This is ridiculous. On the bright side, it shows that Trump is completely freaking out. The grift machine is in full force.

7 Likes

Well, we’ve all been wondering why Gaetz is still running around free, would make a lot more sense if the feds haven’t nailed him on sex trafficking because they’ve got something even bigger in store.

18 Likes

One recent message promises that donations will be increased by 1000 percent, another by 10x.

Um, those are equivalent, Kate.

4 Likes

I didn’t see the exact text quoted here, but if this is an accurate capture

If you donate in x timeframe (an hour, a day), we will multiply your contribution by x amount.

It doesn’t explicitly say anything about donor matching. It could be construed as “we’ll have 10 more people donating similarly small amounts”

I noticed as I read the article that was oddly worded

4 Likes

I know that the movie “Oh Brother” was set in Mississippi, but now I’d like a recreation of the scene where the boys are being chased through the woods by blood hounds, to happen to Sen. Graham in SC trying out run the law coming to take him to GA so he can testify.

8 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I think it would be height of irresponsibility not to speculate on the possibility. :grinning:

11 Likes

I mean we’ve all noticed symptoms of plausible blackmail, but even if it started as blackmail for political support, it could potentially have slid into blackmail for more than that.

At a minimum, some GOP members of Congress probably knew Trump had carted off questionable, ah, mementos. Others in the WH must also have known that. Conspiracy of silence at the least

6 Likes

Ho hum - another day in the life of a big time grifter. I can’t imagine what it must be like to live in this world, and I can imagine even less how millions of people find anything about this admirable or enviable. No wonder Trump thinks he is smart. Compared to most of the people he interacts with, he is.

10 Likes

Even crazier, remember that Chump never claimed as he began campaigning that he was leaning on religion or claiming any divine inspiration. Yes, he blackmailed an Evangelical leader (Falwell) who was swinging with his wife into a very important endorsement, but the RW nutjobs PASTED their holy messiah crap onto him. Even though he was well known to be the least godly creature ever to wriggle across this continent.

14 Likes

They seem to be two different messages - maybe they’re trying to determine which locution works better in fleecing the rubes? :thinking:

3 Likes

Maybe all those Republicans should be invited to FBI headquarters to discuss their pilgrimage trips to Mar-A-Lago since the Orange Julius had to decamp from the WH?

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available