Inside Trump Promises To Match Donor Contributions By Eyebrow-Raising Amounts

To open an email from former President Donald Trump’s Save America committee is to be berated, flattered, dismissed and forgiven, sometimes all in one message. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1428882
1 Like

He won’t stop grifting until he’s in prison, and probably not even then.

67 Likes

Didn’t Liz say that TFG raised $250mil for an “election defense fund” that didn’t even exist?

Why can’t the FEC just start there?

52 Likes

The last sentence is the best.

“The former President has many, many other more important legal issues facing him than mail and wire fraud,” Kappel quipped.

45 Likes

The aerial images of Mar a Lago all over the news should slow donations. Even the magat slackjaws must wonder “this guy has a big pink palace and needs me to send him money?”

30 Likes

Anyone who would give money to an alleged billionaire is a fool.

41 Likes
34 Likes

But, they have a chance to make it so, to make a difference in the world!
Would you take that away from Donald?

6 Likes

That reminded me: A few years ago a guy on twitter set up a Gofundme and tweeted for people to send him money even though he didn’t need it and thousands sent him money. Of course he refunded it all because it was a joke.

11 Likes

If the GQP feels the need to apply some oversight over something, they can investigate this, along with Democrats.

They don’t want to? I didn’t think so.

15 Likes

It’s all merely a refinement of what Rick Perlstein called mail order conservatism a decade ago. Any cult of brainwashed people is always going to involve a scam:

Oh, and the J6 rioters are attempting to fundraise off being criminals:

https://www.aol.com/capitol-rioters-try-profit-jan-111927990-201231421.html

31 Likes

Nice of him to do so. Hope he didn’t have to pay taxes!

tdfg won’t be charged with mail, wire or charitable donation fraud. But I have faith that he’ll be charged with something that should have real criminal consequences.

15 Likes

And I thought ActBlue emails were annoying. :roll_eyes:

I only get several emails a day. Mandela Barnes is the worst.

9 Likes

From the last graph: “ For Trump, who was recently raided by the FBI….”

@kateriga - I love you and your work, but for goodness sakes, MAL WASNT RAIDED.

A legal search warrant was delivered and enforced.

I think it is particularly important to avoid this “raid” language because in a recent link here from TPM to another reporting service they were quoting feral Charlie Kirk and some other Christian radicalists advocating for “raids” on all kinds of agencies and organizations by states’ AG offices as retribution for the so-called raid on MAL. The Civil War strategy.

27 Likes

12 Likes

Well, that pretty accurately describes the MAGAts…

Who was it who said “A fool and his money are soon parted”?

Was it Mark Twain or perhaps it was @castor_troy?

31 Likes

fraudulent misrepresentation experts…

7 Likes

Trump promises to match donor’s contributions with money from losers and suckers not his money.

9 Likes

Call it by its correct name-a Scam!

9 Likes

You would think but that kind of logic has yet to kick in from his supporters.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available