Inside Trump and Barr’s Last-Minute Killing Spree | Talking Points Memo

ProPublica is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1350973
1 Like

And the “pro-lifers” worship them, and their godly ways.

16 Likes

The Medieval Party

11 Likes

Jan. 20 can’t come fast emough

16 Likes

At the same time he pardons men who murdered children. This isn’t about justice. Trump is sadistic.

30 Likes

It is clear that the Biden administration should strike hard and fast after taking office.

They should already be drafting executive orders to handle the mess. Approaches can be developed to counter whatever the current bozos bollox up. Just as they are incompetent at their jobs, they will also be incompetent at bolloxing things up for the future.

4 Likes

Until recently the Democratic Party’s platform did not reject the death penalty outright. Its use should not be arbitrary, said the platform.

Happy to say that has changed, even if only within the last decade, and I hope the change is permanent.

(I see no need to add anything about the Republican Party or its representatives on the Supreme Court.)

7 Likes

But those children weren’t Americans and weren’t white.
I do not consider the death penalty justice, it’s pure vengeance, and according to a book I once read vengeance belongs not to man but to God.

16 Likes

The way we use it, you might say it’s the opposite.

8 Likes

May these fuckers die a horrible death. And soon.

1 Like

If it wasn’t obvious before, their continued support of Trump after 300k dead Americans from COVID in 2020 has demonstrated “pro-lifers” are nothing of the sort.

16 Likes

And they weren’t praying to Jay-sus to be spared, so that made them less relevant as well.

9 Likes

The Authoritarian strain of Trumpism is on display here.

“Because I can”…sez Trump

And there is another aspect of Authoritarianism: slavering compliance to those above you…or as Ian Fleming said, “Either at your Feet or at your Throat”

And this is why sites like TPM are comparatively bereft of those kinds of folks…

So you people had better get on the stick and pay attention to what I just said here! :angry:

4 Likes

“Death penalty all the way,” Trump said at a February 2016 campaign event in New Hampshire. “I’ve always supported the death penalty. I don’t even understand people that don’t.”

Of course, and even for people who were found “not guilty” - i.e., the Central Park Five.

3 Likes

What they really should have used is bone saws,that seems to be the way to the president’s heart.

2 Likes

Monsters, every single one of them. And I am not referring to the convicts. I am completely opposed to the death penalty, but reading about the president*, Barr, et al., I could be convinced to make a few exceptions.

4 Likes

If only these criminals had offered their full throated support for Trump they would have been pardoned.

4 Likes
  1. Barr’s Opus Dei Club is really big on killing your enemies, especially the godless ones.
  2. Trump’s Big Fat Men with Small Penises Club wants credit for tough-guy “wet-work,” but would never get dirty hands.
  3. The Deplorables Club likes state-sanctioned vengeance, but is also afraid of the all-powerful deep state and men in black helicopters. Weird.
1 Like

They can’t vote, don’t have Twitter boxes, and have to pay money to make a phone call.

1 Like

“Pro-life” hypocrites kill in cold blood in the name of the state. There is no excuse for the actions of these loathsome, sadistic people.