Inside the Capitol Riot: What the Parler Videos Reveal | Talking Points Memo

Looks like Parler has served a purpose.

Now find these bastards.

8 Likes

and defendant.

7 Likes

That’s the shame of joining an angry mob: you might not intend harm, but once you’re part of the mob, you’re gonna contribute to it, just because your presence helps embolden those who do.

Everyone involved is responsible. Some more than others, but no-one is blameless.

33 Likes

They largely left their GPSs on their phones activated. So we will have a real time track for most of them, minute by minute.

16 Likes

Trump’s bad days are just beginning.

On the other side of Donald Trump’s turbulent presidency, the lawyers are waiting.

Leaving aside his Senate impeachment trial, mounting government investigations include a civil probe by New York Attorney General Letitia James, a criminal probe by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., and a federal probe by acting U.S. Attorney for D.C. Michael Sherwin that may include Trump’s role in the catastrophic storming of the U.S. Capitol this month.

But already pending for the soon-to-be South Florida retiree is a trio of lawsuits that allege defamation, fraud and more fraud — all of which are helmed by one attorney.

Roberta Kaplan’s clients include writer E. Jean Carroll, who filed a defamation case after Trump claimed she was “totally lying” about her allegation that he raped her a quarter-century ago in a Bergdorf Goodman dressing room, and niece Mary L. Trump, who claims that Trump and two of his siblings deprived her of an inheritance worth millions.

“I became the go-to person to sue the president,” says Kaplan, 54, with considerable relish.

I’m certainly relishing it.

27 Likes

exactly…the Capital building of the USA was invaded by terrorists; led and egged on by the sitting PRESIDENT…who watched it all on TV…in his bunker…that is all.

8 Likes

Relevant?

Now that I have the “humor” out of the way, this was one of the most disgusting, vile acts I’ve ever had the misfortune to witness. Everyone involved, but especially the Inciter-in-Chief need to be prosecuted for their actions.

9 Likes

Can’t we start the meme- Real men don’t need guns.

8 Likes

What would you shoot oranges with then?

1 Like

57 minutes to noon today, then 48 hours. Let’s call it 49 hours. I like that number.

6 Likes

I forgot the fruit hunter brigade.

1 Like

Read that article, it was a good one. Kaplan only a few years ago left a prestigious law firm to start her own and went from 4 lawyers to 43 today. She sounds impressive and I hope she can bring a little justice to this world.

14 Likes

It is ironic that Parler has been pulled off of platforms yet the downloaded videos will be used for criminal justice immortality.

10 Likes
13 Likes

And the two scoops on top is that the COVID-45 surge should be hitting the unmasked deplorebel horde right about the time President Biden takes his oath of office.

7 Likes

Trump “is about to go through some things”.

11 Likes

Boebert is denying it, so I look forward to seeing the tapes.

11 Likes

Maria Bartiromo will get a trial run as host of Fox’s new 7 p.m. weekday opinion show, which replaced a news hour https://t.co/wIKyIWjL7B pic.twitter.com/MKZflKEDPO

— Jeremy Barr (@jeremymbarr) January 18, 2021
4 Likes

Perhaps the most alarming aspect of this account is the various and sundry plethora of lies these folks are willing to embrace…one of which is that they are Patriots of some sort…completely misunderstanding the meaning of the concept…the responsibility that comes along with the boast…

7 Likes

So can all the Fox and OAN and Sinclair etc types who knowingly spread lies for profit and power at least face some civil trouble for their role in getting people killed?

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available