Inside the Capitol Riot: What the Parler Videos Reveal | Talking Points Memo

This story first appeared at ProPublica. ProPublica is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1355121
2 Likes

Shocking

Horrifying

Evidence

29 Likes

The revolution will be suppressed with the help of self-documentation.

If we’re lucky.

24 Likes

After viewing these films last night someone called this “sedition for dummies”.

Well that may be true, it is also true their is nothing funny about sedition.

17 Likes

The Insurrection WILL Be Parlarized

Nut jobs will be nut jobs.

5 Likes

they really believe this nonsense.

none of whom Maga care about

20 Likes

OT

33 Likes

Two days, 38 minutes before you-know-who returns to being just a con man.

8 Likes

Of course she did. That’s what home-grown terrorists congressional critters do.

11 Likes

He never really was a preznit. Just a pretend like cosplay.

3 Likes
30 Likes

While I am a man and they are mostly men, I am not their kind of man. I’m not exactly a Never-Manner, but I will do what I must to not allow them to define manhood. Because I enjoy being a man.

17 Likes

In addition to all of the self-collected and publicly displayed incriminating evidence, there will be troves of time-stamped video from commercial and government security cameras that these bozos will have walked by going to and from both the rally and the capitol. The timelines and locations will all be documented. They are all screwed. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

14 Likes

Very sobering article. And sad that a few videos and the big lie have been effective in converting these people. They want to be winners and so any info that says they really won the election is believed. Every election has irregularities and they are minor in this country. But never before has a president chosen selfish gain over the continued existence of the country.

21 Likes

Because they watch/listen to rightwing media. GB has restrictions on media. We could learn a thing or two from them. That’s why Murdoch came here, to spread hate and lies that no other country would allow him to get away with.

13 Likes

of cognitive dissonance

5 Likes

And MoscowMitch

8 Likes

Seen another way, it is a hodgepodge, a cross section of America that includes hardcore white supremacists and people you might run into at a mall or a country club.

In other words, hardcore white supremacists.

14 Likes

the twentysomething ones furtively removing their black tactical gear

There’s a really clear shot of the faces of two of them at about 0:20. Hello, Boys! Facial recognition searching is a thing that y’all are going to be learning about, very soon.

Hope you like 3 squares and a 6’x8’. Looks like the rest of your lives are fucked.

13 Likes

This “rap sheet” is speeding violations, a no seatbelt charge, debt collection and pre-eviction - the record of a typical arrested development delinquent. File under Sarah Palin, Matt Gaetz and George W Bush… among many others.

19 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available