Inside A Secret Society Of Prominent Right-Wing Christian Men Prepping For A ‘National Divorce’ - TPM – Talking Points Memo

A secret, men-only right-wing society with members in influential positions around the country is on a crusade: to recruit a Christian government that will form after the right achieves regime change in the United States, potentially via a “national divorce.” 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1482880
1 Like

So… the klan without the hoods.

120 Likes

Random observations:

They’re lucky to have a brand consultant involved. It sounds like he has some work to do.

These guys sound like the pseudo-intellectual equivalent of the secessionist guys who conduct military drills in the woods and live a Spartan life.

Gee, what if they put their efforts into making the world better for everyone, not just themselves?

It sounds like at least some of them recognize that the whole secrecy thing is counter-productive. But then again, they know full well that, in the light of day, most people aren’t going to buy this stuff. Most women won’t, obviously.

If they aren’t embarrassed now, they sure as hell will be.

This is an example of people with too much time on their hands.

Oh, another thing is that this type of secret society is going to attract some real oddballs, to say the least.

More seriously, many of these folks probably need to feel like they’re a part of something. Let’s try to be compassionate about them, where we can. They could use some understanding.

54 Likes

Under his eye.:eye:

May the womb open.

Blessed Day (indeed)!

Margaret Atwood wrote about these men 40 years ago, explaining at the time that her guiding premise while writing The Handmaid’s Tale was that nothing depicted in it wouldn’t have already been perpetrated in some form in history.

She was well aware too that the seeds persist for authoritarian patriarchal extremism to return, as hinted at in the brief epilogue at the end of the novel, when men in the group studying the “historical documents” of the unnamed handmaiden are subtly dismissive of their female colleagues.

Some incels grow up and get jobs, even wives and families. But their inherit nature remains. Hence, the buffoons behind the pretense of this bullshit fantasy.

93 Likes

Apparently each of them felt insulted or ignored by a woman at some point and got their fe-fes hurt?

Looks like a receptive group to purchase all the ball tanning equipment.

They should just go with the original name…The He-Man Woman Haters Club!

79 Likes

I wonder if one of the perks of membership is providing private banking services to the speaker of the US House of Representatives.

92 Likes

He was called ‘Haywood Jablome’ too many times during his adolescence.

50 Likes

I wonder how it would go over if Islamic civic organizations hatched a plan like this? All other things being equal, of course. Constitutional protections for religion and association should protect both equally.

Why would that be different?

51 Likes

“It’s an uncanny mimicry of the clandestine engine that, in the right-wing’s furthest imaginings, has driven recent social changes and left them feeling isolated and under siege: a shadowy network occupying the commanding heights of business, politics, and culture, open only to a select, elite few, committed to reshaping the United States to align it with the group’s radical values.”

So…the Derp State.

And again…massive props to @joshkovensky for his digging into this festering pile of fascistic bullshit. Chapeau!

107 Likes

This group sounds like the New Founding Fathers of America from The Purge movie series.

The Southern Poverty Law Center needs to mark SACR as an extremist, Christofacist, seditionist organization. Immediately.

Thank you, TPM, for continuing to shine a bright light on these numbskulls.

93 Likes

"…group aimed to “secure a future for Christian families.”
Since they are mostly “incels” one has to wonder what families they are talking about.

26 Likes

Sounds gay to me.

34 Likes

Thanks to TPM for uncovering this. It doesn’t surprise me at all. I figured that rich, white “Christian” guys would be looking for a way to secure their dominance.

67 Likes

Everybody needs a hobby.

13 Likes

”…how it would go over if Islamic civic organizations hatched a plan like this?”

I’m sure that the so-called Freedom Caucus” would support those freedoms, right?

33 Likes

Pinky: “Yeah, Brain, but where are we going to find a cow and a garden hose this time of night?”

12 Likes

Great reporting Josh!

As an old gay Catholic guy I gotta chuckle at the advanced-placement incelism rich panicky guys are investing in these days, kinda Opus Dei, but a weird mirror of 2024 terrors that haunt guilt ridden wealth-freaks.

I know their language. I went to school with these guys.

These boys are very tense.

104 Likes

So, in the effort of the GOP to turn the United States into “White Christian Nationalist” country, there are some already deciding which denominations constitute Christianity.

OK, clearly understand, they really want to start very early the religious wars in the US over Christianity. I guess a jump ahead to decide the winners on that issue.

First Amendment, we hardly knew you.

23 Likes

If Jesus was around he would disown this group.

65 Likes

They need to play up their bogus religious bona fides in order to string along the gullible maga morons of the GOP base. The leadership of the GOP are already on board because the dead beat billionaire parasites have already bought and paid for them. That way they only have to pick off 1 or 2 democrats to purchase. Now that Sinema and Manchine are leaving they have to find some new spineless dems to buy.

21 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available