Insane Christmas Photo From GOP Congressman’s Family To Yours | Talking Points Memo

Recapping for those who weren’t here over the weekend – the family photo is suspiciously fake looking. There are two full auto machine guns ( the M-60 and the Uzi) that are difficult to own without special licenses. All the others are bare AR’s without any of the “tactical” bits that enthusiasts like to add like scopes, special stocks, etc. They’re not customized at all.

So the speculation is that the machine guns are probably decommissioned, either movie props or display items from a gun store. I suspect the bare AR’s are probably loaned or rented from a gun store. Maybe Dad actually does own all these guns, it’s just a very odd set for a serious gun collector and shooting family.

16 Likes

Massie went to MIT. When he posts this kind of photograph of his family and their guns, he’s telling us he’s a cynical politician impervious to the message of Christmas and unburdened by a decent respect for the opinion of civilized people.

33 Likes

It’s becoming a trend

Seriously, when your own party members refers to your crew as a “Traveling Circus” it doesn’t look so good.
30 Likes

“You’ll shoot your eye out!”

(h/t A Christmas Story)

18 Likes

We know how Donnie responds to reasonable advice. Georgia, here I come!

13 Likes

I saw that @mattinpa posted that Christmas card yesterday.

I still don’t know if I believe that it is real. I’ve learned to not put anything past TFG, but it’s just too absurd.

13 Likes

Most M-60’s civilians can get hold of are decommissioned and cannot fire. To own a fully automatic weapon it must have been built prior to 1986 I believe, and the new owner must have a federal license that includes a criminal background check and a $200 tax for the actual paper. The automatic weapons and license law dates from the 1930’s I believe when $200 was a considerable amount of money to most folks. The 1986 bit was added later of course.
If I have any of this wrong I am open to fixing it.

9 Likes

Can’t keep Donnie down.

5 Likes

That utterly confounds me.

6 Likes

TFG looks angry, and at christmas no less.

3 Likes

Here’s a nice picture for the year.

This is a pedestal in Richmond Virginia upon which a statue of Robert E Lee was placed. No, not George Washington. Not President Grant. Lee. For decades and decades.

What the hell was wrong with our ancestors?

Furthermore, this land was handed to the state. Now, it’s in the process of being given back to the city. It’s an example of Democrats getting big government out of our lives.

23 Likes

Isaiah 9:6: For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace…Lock and load, kids.

8 Likes

The Admissions Office slips up sometimes. The Brothers Koch went there as well.

3 Likes

Just saying

Kaivan Shroff
@KaivanShroff

·

23h

Mike Pence’s chief counsel, domestic policy adviser, chief of staff, and press secretary all left by the end of his first year. Media didn’t question his “leadership style.” They are treating VP Harris differently because D.C. press is mostly white men and she is a black woman.

48 Likes

“You know, if I hadn’t been elected by Russian interference in our election, everyone would have loved my insane economics, cruel border policies, and deadly mishandling of a pandemic.” - The Loser™

12 Likes

Poor donald does not look happy at all. Ant he actually “allowed” that card out in public? Good Gawd!!

2 Likes

Now those are my kinds of people!

6 Likes

That Xmas card is so weird I’m thinking it has to be a fake. Who sends a card showing the paterfamilias frowning like that? Even Trump fakes a smile for PR photos.

The ridiculous tux reminds me of the one he wore when he was visiting the Queen of England, and that look on his face would have been typical for that event. I’ll bet it’s fake, but wouldn’t be too surprised if it isn’t.

8 Likes

Of course Jesus wasn’t of Northern European ancestry.

3 Likes

A good place to take a dog to pee and poop.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available