In Interview With Bannon, Stefanik Cozies Up To Big Lie While Praising Sketchy AZ Audit | Talking Points Memo

How about “We’ve got your warts right here.”

4 Likes

I think fear of clowns is more and more common, actually.

15 Likes

Stefanik replied that she “fully supports” the battleground state’s so-called “audit.”

“We want transparency and answers for the American people — what are the Democrats so afraid of?” Stefanik said.
… …
Transparency eh? Then why has Cyber Ninjas made it hard for reporters and others to observe? and report? Those who are “observing” have had to sign nondisclosure agreements to do so. What the actual fucking kind of transparency is that Elise? C’mon… Explain it.
Seems to me it’s the Goobers who are the ones who are afraid.
As a resident of AZ I have emailed several GOP State Senate members on the GOP side. I have yet to hear back. Seems they don;t want to answer for their fuck ups.
edit
In truth this has zero to do with transparency or an audit or anything else. The object was to break the chain opf custody of the ballots thereby invalidating the fucking election. And who the fuck cares if they break election laws in the process?

17 Likes

UV light
Fake Chinese ballots
Bamboo paper
Paper folds
Paper thickness
Watermarks
Fake voters
… … …
That is a lotta conspiracy theory.

Add to that
the loss of the legal chain of custody,
Blue pens marking ballots
Untrained workers
a company that has no elections experience
Workers hired based on GOP preference
And I am sure there is more…

16 Likes

Lately the GOP seems like a balloon adrift; swept by any current feeble gesture to undermine democracy.

3 Likes

Some of the gestures are not that feeble. We need two active political parties for our system to work. One is not functioning well at all. It’s consumed with a cult of personality, authoritarianism and hatred of one person, one vote. And racism. Once again McConnell has said that 100% of his effort this term will be to undermine Biden’s presidency. No matter that he and Biden had a 30 year friendship. Mitch has cast that friendship on the pyre of power. There will be no compromise…ever. It’s a sad day, an evil time. One group masquerading as the GOP looks to kill the American dream we thought we knew. The other side is governing without half of our old system. This cannot last for long in this manner.

12 Likes

" what are the Democrats so afraid of?" pea brained fascists like you, dear.

9 Likes

We need to defeat them in '22 and '24. The only thing that will turn them around is losing when they follow the orange cretin.

Perhaps the Dems can field a strong candidate in NY 21?

6 Likes

Speaking of orange, and totally OT - 'tis the season for Arby’s orange cream shake, folks. Out flavors any other psuedo orange shake out there (not that McDonald’s even bothers with Arctic Orange anymore.)

2 Likes

Why? The system accomplished a lot of great things under unified Democratic control from 1933-1949 – so much so, in fact, that it forced the GOP to (eventually, and temporarily) moderate their ideology.

9 Likes

That’s what we will need now, a decade or more of Democratic rule.

8 Likes

Except it’s filled with hydrogen and headed towards power lines.

3 Likes

We may need two political parties for the American system to work, but that doesn’t mean one of them has to be the GOP, and the way that party has devolved into an anti-democratic cabal, it shouldn’t be.

11 Likes

“Oh, the Hume/Hannity!!!”

3 Likes

Fox needs better producers I guess.

2 Likes

Was it my imagination or were comments down for a while? I am couchbound with vax reaction and was looking to kill time. My wife is working so no TV for me :frowning:

Feel like I’ve got a whopping hangover and some hives popping up.

12 Likes

Sort of a Larry, Darryl, and Darryl?

4 Likes

But where are the clowns
Send in the clowns
Don’t bother, they’re here

6 Likes

The Harvard Institute of Politics did the right thing by removing Stefanik for pushing the big lie. They have an excellent board and run a solid program. Allowing it to besmirched by someone pushing conspiracy theories just drags the institution down.

8 Likes