In Interview With Bannon, Stefanik Cozies Up To Big Lie While Praising Sketchy AZ Audit | Talking Points Memo

As House GOP leadership openly boosts her bid to replace Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) as conference chair, Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY) on Thursday flirted openly with former President Trump’s election fraud falsehoods during an appearance on Steve Bannon’s “War Room” podcast.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1373004

There’s something you don’t see every day: a rat jumping on a sinking ship!

55 Likes

In a statement issued Wednesday morning, Trump made clear that he has not let go of his grudge against Cheney, and revived attacks against former Vice President Mike Pence and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) for ratifying President Biden’s electoral victory.

Republicans have found it so easy to break God’s Ten Commandments, they’ve gone ahead and broken Reagan’s eleventh.

The capacity for degeneracy was always within them, but it took Trump to really release their raging id.

18 Likes

Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY) has been (& continues to be) promoting a fraudulent line of reasoning and endorsing a potentially criminal series of election interference actions.
At come point the ax should come down on all of those tap-dancing across the ethical & integrity lines.

7 Likes

“We want transparency and answers for the American people — what are the Democrats so afraid of?” Stefanik said.

This is also her position on the insurrection.

11 Likes

At this point, the House GOP should just vote for Marjorie Taylor Greene to take over for Cheney as Conference Chair. Stefanik isn’t close behind Greene at this point.

7 Likes

The Democrats are not afraid of a legitimate recount. That has already happeded with the same results, Biden won Arizona. A recount done in secret, looking for ‘bamboo’ on the ballots and down by a bunch of half wit idiots with no experience. . . what could go wrong.

16 Likes

So the top three leadership positions will be held by a sniveling coward, a liar, and a liar.

10 Likes

Just another one for the club:

19 Likes

And that particular rat went to Harvard. :thinking: And what we’re so afraid of is Republican state legislatures stealing national elections by simply declaring that the election results are what they want them to be. We’re afraid you’re going to make us a shithole country if we don’t fight you tooth and claw. And there’s one more thing I’m afraid of—I’m afraid you’re a lying hypocrite and quite stupid.

27 Likes

I think we long ago learned that an Ivy education does not preclude one from being a craven opportunist.

18 Likes

And the “Albany Academy for Girls”! :joy:

5 Likes

Couldn’t stand her during Impeachment 1.0 and can’t stand her now.

Whiny bitch.

10 Likes

I dunno. She’s got the pathological lying down pat, but I’m not sure she’s sociopathic enough for the job. If she goes onto Fox and bites the head off of live chicken, then maaaybeee…

8 Likes

She has an intelligence background. She’s sociopath plenty.

8 Likes

Okay, but no bitey, no jobby.

2 Likes

Elise Stefanik in leadership is what you end up with when you don’t elect enough women to office.

8 Likes

These litmus tests for the new Repugnicants are gettin’ fierce.

5 Likes

Can we go ahead and change Bannon’s show name to Wart Room? To call anything that creep does “war” is as stupid as a sinking boat parade.

9 Likes

Or when you elect too many sociopaths.

7 Likes