In Barnburner Wisconsin Supreme Court Race, Democrats Will Look To Flex Recent Off-Year Strength - TPM – Talking Points Memo

In the post-Dobbs era, we’ve witnessed an old political truism be turned on its head: that Republicans dominate special elections.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1485754

Sorry if this is a repost.

2 Likes

Lots of encouraging signs today. Biden’s exec action closing the gun show loophole; an Arkansas Dem talking about her need for an abortion–for a much-wanted pregnancy; Biden campaign’s relentless, heart-searing ads about TFG taking away abortion rights.

It’s devastating that people have to go through so much pain, like the Sandy Hook parents and the above-mentioned Arkansas state rep. When they direct their energies toward preventing other people’s pain, that’s a true act of mercy.

28 Likes

Brad Schimel

I assume he believes life begins at conception and ends at birth. Does anyone know if he believes an embryo is capable of sin? That is a consideration in this religious issue, is it not?

9 Likes

In Barnburner Wisconsin Supreme Court Race, Democrats Will Look To Flex Recent Off-Year Strength.

… … … …
Don’ burn muh barn!!!

3 Likes

Wisconsin did it once. It can do it again. On, Wisconsin!!!

7 Likes

Remember… …

vote like your life depends on it… because it does

12 Likes

Monday night football was a big deal for me and friends. But as I said elsewhere the the low speed chase of OJ in his Bronco ended Monday Night for me. No more Howard Cosell.

2 Likes

This commercial didn’t age so well for Hertz, either.

5 Likes

I hate it when people get all grammar police-y in the comments section. That said, I understand using “existential” for “relating to existence” as part of a phrase like “existential threat.”

That race will be just as existential as Protasiewicz’s.

Using it as an adjective by itself makes this an “existential race” – a race relating to existence. I think the GOP majority supreme court is the existential threat, not the race. So anyway, that’s why that sentence confuses me.

5 Likes

Completely off topic, and *** spoiler alert ***

Talking Points Memo was just featured as a Jeopardy clue.

That’s when you know you’ve arrived.

27 Likes

That right yhere tells us to be careful in our commentary
Spelling and grammar included.
Then again I’ll get agitated over something stupid trump does and there goes the ballgame…

2 Likes

Of course: the embryo is guilty of Original Sin, and worthy of damnation. Like every other “soul.” Read Augustine and Thomas Aquinas, and then go on to John Calvin.

2 Likes

Rather than passing aid for Ukraine and strengthening our border, MAGA Republican Trumper Mike Johnson and his cult leader offer a bill to stop illegal aliens from voting.

Incidentally, it’s illegal today for non citizens to vote. This is a dumb stunt to distract dummies and credulous/lazy “journalists”

9 Likes

When you can’t legislate or pass laws for real problems then do it for things that don’t exist I guess; or something.

Kind of tough to be a MAGA Republican these days: everything you really want to do is either immoral, unethical, unpopular or some mix thereof, so all that remains is nothing or unicorns.

11 Likes

How about a bill to prevent dumbass conmen from holding any elective office or position of power?

8 Likes

So, if you abort the unborn child, it will not have had an opportunity to ask for forgiveness and then what happens?

1 Like

Purgatory if the Catholics are correct.

4 Likes

Have we not all learned by now that any statement made by TFG is more than likely a lie?

1 Like

" Martians will not be allowed to drink at any Sheboygan bar on Tuesdays. There. We said it, and we’ll stand by our principles. "

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available