In 2019, Azar Said The Possibility Of A Global Pandemic Scared Him The Most

FIFY

7 Likes

More good news for a Friday! Darwin hard at work.

5 Likes

“This was something that nobody as smart as me and therefore not worth listening to has ever thought could happen to this country.” President Donald Trump said when speaking on the COVID-19 pandemic last week.

FIFY Cheeto Jesus

1 Like

It’s easy to see what the problem is and why the plan in a 69-page document was jettisoned.

The outgoing Obama aides and incoming Trump aides gathered for roughly three hours on the afternoon of Friday, Jan. 13, 2017, in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building next to the White House.

Obama aides say the Trump administration’s fumbling of the coronavirus outbreak is partly rooted in how unprepared — and in some cases unwilling — it was to engage in transition exercises at all in late 2016 and early 2017.

8 Likes

Strangest thing. Just today chez blue we were talking about RFK and his role in going after Hoffa and the Mafia. Sorry to hear the Kennedy curse lingers on after so many years.

2 Likes

Fuckin’ Friday. Time to do some serious drinking; maybe I’ll forget this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/lean-on-me-lovely-day-singer-bill-withers-dies-at-81/2020/04/03/254e60a2-75b4-11ea-ad9b-254ec99993bc_story.html?%20va._5&%20va._5

4 Likes

Oh course it scared him!

Then his big orange authoritarian teddy bear told him everything was OK.

1 Like

His Grandma’s Hands could move me to tears. RIP

4 Likes

Does everybody know that Andrew Cuomo was married to a Kennedy?

2 Likes

Kennedys are always risking their lives thru dangerous sport and related foolishness (see skiing while playing football catch or drug addiction). It’s baked into their DNA. Sad, but preventable, by changing your hobbies to bridge or badminton. Entitled elites will do what entitled elites do.

What scares you most now asshole?

1 Like

Probably publication of this quotation and the grotesque inactions since.

1 Like

What a complete and total covidiot.

3 Likes

The family’s always been foolish this way esp the oldest Kennedy sons, Jack and Joe Jr., who if they knew what was good for them wouldn’t have gone to war and been injured and killed. :anger:

2 Likes

“This was something that nobody has ever thought could happen to this country.” President Donald Trump said when speaking on the COVID-19 pandemic last week.

Nobody except his own HHS, CDC, DHS, NSC, DOD, and White House staff.

Since a week before his inauguration.

Did I mention Sean Spicer, Wilbur Ross, Rick Perry, Michael Flynn, John Bolton, and 30 others?

Oh – and the entire Obama administration, which kept us fully prepared to defend against it.

For eight years.

12 Likes

Can anyone be sure he wasn’t talking about the possibility of him being elected president?

5 Likes

Have you ever run out of gas? I haven’t. When the gauge says it’s low, I fill it up.

Now, say the country is a car. The game used to be that when the dems had power, they’d fill the tank, do an oil change.

When the gop took over, they’d go for a joy ride, maybe drive the car into a ditch, bring it home dented with cigarette burns and stains on the seats, whatever.

It didn’t matter because the gop knew the dems would patch it up and fill the tank. Dems would half heartedly try to get the gop to pitch in, and at best they’d get a few sticky coins the gop found in the seat cushions (actual beer money being sacred).

Predictably, the dems never got to drive it anywhere they wanted to go, like healthcare-for-all land, because they we’re too busy doing basic repairs, but at least the old heap kept running, more or less.

Dems are, of course, suckers for playing this game.

But then the gop came to an amazing revelation: “We have never run out of gas. Not once. We drive and drive, and we just keep going. This whole idea of needing gas to make the car run is a bullshit the dems made up to get our beer money. No more!” And they elected Trump…

So here we are today, on the side of the road, stranded, out of gas. The gop is at the wheel, pissed off and yelling that no one knew cars needed gas, telling us we have to get out into traffic and push.

4 Likes

Nice string of tweets where Ocasio-Cortez points out a tweet from Ingram that got cut by twitter because it had misinformation in it.

6 Likes

“Tim Morrison, a senior director for biodefense at the National Security Council who was also at the summit, said he had the exact same concern.”

I assume this is the same Tim Morrison that later got canned after testifying in the impeachment proceedings?

3 Likes

Gavin Newsom stuck a shiv into Devin Nunes in the most polite way possible. Go listen to it -just a thing of beauty.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available