‘I Set A Synagogue On Fire’: Texas Arson Suspect Wrote About Crime In Diary, Feds Say | Talking Points Memo

Simply excessive exposure to republican media. That’s all it takes.

2 Likes

That’s a weird-ass note.

1 Like

rhetorical adj * (of a question) asked in order to produce an effect or to make a statement rather than to elicit information.

1 Like

Beyond the obvious chromosomal damage you mean?

1 Like

Shitty. Deeply shitty.

2 Likes

Piss off.

2 Likes

You’re welcome to defend the parenting of this little psycho shit if you must.

My condolences for the loss of your sense of sarcasm.

Southwest Texas State Teacher’s College. He supposedly felt self-conscious about it when he was around all of the “Harvards”.

2 Likes

We and the folks in the other red states are a bit sick of being the butt of your “sarcasm”.

1 Like

Aw, come on, lighten up a little.

I mean, it’s not as if the stereotypical image of liberal Democrats on the urbanized coasts treating the red states and “flyover country” with absolute sneering contempt plays into any kind of cultural narrative that GOP messaging wizards are only too happy to exploit, or anything.

Right…?

2 Likes

You’re in it, pal.

6 Likes

I’m sorry you had to go through that turmoil. It sounds like you have been able to accept it and move on. Regarding the diary, for some people I think that writing things down helps settle things in their mind; it helps them remember (and maybe the strokes were having a role there). It could also be a way to viscerally relive a moment.

But your ex’s diary sounds a bit different from this guy. He seems to have just scrawled down terse statements, not descriptive prose intended to cement it in his memory or anything. The nature of the statements recounted in this article made me think of the apocryphal “guy told by his therapist he should try journaling, but who doesn’t really understand the purpose behind it.”

1 Like

Yeah, but we elected to not have children. Our cats are pesky but well rounded and acceptable company when visiting though.

3 Likes

He seems nice. I’ve pissed myself and crashed my car (not at the same time) but I never, like, planned it out like this guy.

2 Likes

Texans are always trying to compete with Florida Man!

2 Likes

“Hold my beer.”

1 Like

It is, and… he does not look that weird ass. I mean if I try hard enough, is there some cra cra in the eyes or is that just a pink faced slightly bemused look?

I stopped telling this joke
‘You know why they call it the Heartland?’
No why?
‘Because the mind is not there.’

Oops, I guess I still tell it. :laughing: My family are Okies… I don’t think it plays much into who you vote for. It certainly can be used to rile up the ReichWing mouth breathers.

It’s a different world now. What would JFK jr think of 3D-printed, vegan, shape-replicated meat?

1 Like

And I think he wrote it with his toes.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available