‘I Set A Synagogue On Fire’: Texas Arson Suspect Wrote About Crime In Diary, Feds Say | Talking Points Memo

A Texas man faces a federal charge for allegedly intentionally setting fire to an Austin synagogue on Halloween. He allegedly wrote down details of the attack in his diary. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1394642
1 Like

Are there any decent parents in the entire state of Texas?!

6 Likes

What an inspiring set of Life Goals!

16 Likes

Will this numbskull’s “Life Goals” be included in the next Texas textbook edition?

7 Likes

Damn him, damn him all to Hell for wasting TP. (sorry I couldn’t resist)

So does the NG, or just the TX NG take anybody?

I may be old, but at least my handwriting hasn’t devolved into this kid’s chicken scratch.

6 Likes

A Texas man faces a federal charge for allegedly intentionally setting fire to an Austin synagogue on Halloween. He allegedly wrote down details of the attack in his diary.

“Scout out a target,” Franklin Barrett Sechriest, 18, allegedly wrote in a journal on Oct. 28. And three days later: “I set a synagogue on fire.”

14 Likes

New “todo list”:

• Get arrested
  • Get convicted
  • Rot in jail
20 Likes

He [redacted] himself.

10 Likes

Other entries include “piss myself,” and “pay cash for [redacted],” according to photos of the journal included in an FBI agent’s affidavit supporting a federal arson charge against Sechriest, who’s also a private in the Texas National Guard and student at Texas State University

5 Likes

And what are the admission standards at Texas State University?

Alive and breathing is all that is required?

6 Likes

I’ve heard that journaling can be encouraged for some forms of therapy and I’m having a hard time figuring just why he would feel compelled to write these down…though there I go again seeking rational decision-making from someone who clearly is lacking in certain je ne sais quoi.

11 Likes

Their reich will last a thousand years!

(The Master Race isn’t sending its best.)

17 Likes

I’ve been advised by my attorneys (Caray and Sons) to let the above gif represent me, thank you.

2 Likes

Those flyers or pamphlets read like Tucker Carlsons storyboards.

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s not like he’d forget such simple fails.

5 Likes

WTF does it mean when someone actually writes the word “redacted” in their own diary? Seriously, is anyone but me interested in what he thinks that word means, if he understands it, and why on earth he wrote it in his notes to himself?

19 Likes

“We’s usin’ code names!”

8 Likes

OT

Intentional:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intentional

16 Likes

Oh, and then there’s this

6 Likes

There goes the neighborhood

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only