‘I Love This Guy’: Trump Eager To Talk To Woodward For Validation Among Washington Elite

President Donald Trump was reportedly thrilled with the opportunity speak to famed journalist Bob Woodward, seeing it as a way to boost his standing among the Washington establishment.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1331563
1 Like

Compulsively seeking the approval of those he considers his betters, how low is his self esteem?

He so desperately wants to be accepted.

46 Likes

If it weren’t for all the criming, mendacity, moral turpitude, and lying, one could almost feel sorry for Donald Trump. One probably does. The rest of us, nah

29 Likes

Another guy he loves

And another

24 Likes

However, the President still admitted that Woodward “is somebody that I respect.”

To bad the actions of mr trump does not allow the respect to go both ways.

7 Likes

Cleary, and ironically, Trump does not suffer from imposter syndrome.

15 Likes

Wow, this is pathetic. Go to “the authorities,” that is, not the pretend president.

16 Likes

What we knew all along
Shallow weak little man.

16 Likes

There is no filling the void that is his soul.
He and his enablers are going to flog that idea that it was Woodward’s job to out the administration’s lies on Covid. What about Pence? He knew. What about Fauci? He knew. What about…and bear with me here…the f-ing President? (I just heard a clip of him on the news saying “we did the job like nobody”. Yes, yes he did.)

20 Likes

“If Bob Woodward thought what I said was bad, then he should have immediately, right after I said it, gone out to the authorities so they can prepare and let them know,”

“The authorities.” Heh.

26 Likes

This quote is proof that Donald Trump is not only a lifetime beneficiary of Affirmative Action For Incompetent Entitled White Men (see, Dan Quayle on Daniel Manion), but is entirely dependent on the operation of this Affirmative Action in the Media and in every job he has held in his life. Especially his current job.

25 Likes

5 Likes

Lord, he is needy!

15 Likes

From 4/9/20

14 Likes

Trump thinks that because he was on a reality TV show that his voice and words are golden and mesmerizing. He thought he could con Woodward.
This is the same reason he wants to have more debates with Biden: he thinks he’ll be able to mesmerize the entire audience and make Biden look bad.
Instead, he’ll have his head handed to him on a platter. He doesn’t understand that everything before was rigged for him. He’s never written a book; it was ghostwriters. The TV show was written by scriptwriters. When he’s on his own, non-cult members can all see how stupid and mean he is.

28 Likes

Yet again, Trump proves his stable genius with his praise of Woodward

5 Likes
21 Likes

“Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places.”

12 Likes

Donald Trump has an attraction to the media that few of us can understand. He’s drawn to it like a “moth to a flame”. It seems to be his major psychic support and his only real source of enjoyment.

12 Likes

The most craven human being to ever walk the Earth.

12 Likes