‘I Love This Guy’: Trump Eager To Talk To Woodward For Validation Among Washington Elite

He never should have tried to hug the tar baby.

7 Likes

Donnie’s weakness, in itself, should be disqualifying for the job.
It impairs his judgment and makes him too pliable.

15 Likes

No matter how many crimes you confess to Bob Woodward, Fred is never going to rise from the dead and love and value you.

Sad, actually.

13 Likes

Because he knows his father still doesn’t love him.

14 Likes

Can the USA sink any lower? It’s like having Norman Bates as President.

10 Likes

With Trump as president, you probably won’t like the answer.

19 Likes

On topic / off topic. Woodward’s failure to let the American people know tRump was lying about the seriousness of Covid goes to the old journalism dilemma: when you see a drowning man do you write a story about the tragedy or try to save him.

ETA. Ms dont is a journalist and I know what she would do even tho she’s a lousy swimmer.

5 Likes

Wow. What a loser. To think that talking to a reporter will provide validation like that.
Like, he uses people All. The. Time.
Doesn’t he recognize the dynamic?

5 Likes

Wow.

https://twitter.com/HowardKurtz/status/1304396832630505472

Trump told Woodward another book by WP reporters was made up, then said 70% fiction. Woodward said he should recognize these are good-faith efforts. “Well,” Trump joked, “I have Russia and Sean Hannity with me"

14 Likes

I’ve lost count how many own-goals Rumps ego has scored against himself.

4 Likes

Today being 9/11, given Trump’s views on troops who volunteer for, don’t try to evade, and go into battle, risking and sometimes losing their lives, I wonder what he thinks of first responders who risked and lost their lives on 9/11, firefighters, cops, security guards, EMTs, civilians, etc. Does he view them as suckers, losers and pussies? I’m sure he does. I bet he does.

If one wants to honor their memories, vote him out on 11/3.

10 Likes

Seriously Psycho …
There must be a name for this predilection for seeking the acquaintance, acceptance and friendship of risky / tawdry / nefarious / individuals … and being drawn to and or fascinated by their various misdeeds .

• local / regional mafia figures
  • Putin
  • Jeffrey Epstein
  • Stormy Daniels
  • Mannifort
  • Bannon
  • Kim
  • Hitler
  • Duarte
  • and on and on and on

… and yet zero admiration for selfless, fair minded individuals … willing to disparage them for the flimiziest reasons … and be cruelly insulting.

This is a deeply deranged mind

9 Likes

Of these, only one doesn’t really fit, Daniels. Whatever one thinks of how she earned her living, it doesn’t even begin to compare to what these others have done. Not even close. She was no Dalai Lama or selfless savioir, but she didn’t harm anyone, as far as I know, and wasn’t pretending to be some she wasn’t or better than she was.

17 Likes

You know some Russian with passable English, and working for their spy agency, has already called the switchboard saying he’s Walter Cronkite and would love to interview the President on what new secret weapons Obama didn’t have…and that orange dipshit took the call.

3 Likes

Self-stroking his tiny ego.

4 Likes

Mini-strokes?

8 Likes

I live for the day when the news can stop psychoanalyzing Trump, because he won’t matter anymore.

16 Likes

If he lives to be 90 he’ll dominate the news cycle every goddamned day he draws a breath. The media are hooked on him every bit as much as an addict to meth.

5 Likes

Or Jonas Baronsky…

It might be that the media is addicted to him, but I firmly intend to stop reading anything about him once he is no longer president. Eventually, the media might get the hint.

5 Likes