Hundreds Of Sailors Cheer For Captain Relieved After Ringing Alarm On COVID-19 Cases | Talking Points Memo

The Navy captain relieved of command after ringing alarm bells over the spread of COVID-19 on his ship got a hero’s farewell Thursday night from the hundreds of sailors previously under his command.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1301561
1 Like

I’m sure there will be an opening for this honorable man in the Blue State Navy…

42 Likes

The acting secretary of the Navy announced Thursday that Captain Brett Crozier was being relieved of command due to showing “extremely poor judgement” in the form of a memo alerting Navy higher-ups to the dire COVID-19 infection rate on his ship.

Talk about projection…

“Acting Secretary of Navy” says it all…Trump Moronic Stooge…acting upon the influence of the Commander Chaos+Confusion…showing “extremely poor judgement” in the form of relieving Capt. Crozier when he was doing his job to alert about DIRE Covid-19 infection rate of his ship!

Commenting this again:

In the Trump Regime…
If you tell the truth you get punished!

What happened to “Honor, Courage, Commitment”?
Just a reminder to the US Navy…
It is a commitment to tell the truth!

48 Likes

It’s a nice sentiment but displays like these make me feel more sad for the country b/c decent people aren’t able to figure out that Trump is the problem and needs to be thrown out of office with urgency.

52 Likes

Woah, his replacement might need a security detail, especially if infections continue. I recommend Captain Queeg:

9 Likes

If the good Captain would only murder a couple of suspected terrorists he could have his job back in a jiffy.

21 Likes

Maybe this will start to shift the generally pro-GOP bias that seems to exist in our military.

20 Likes

Polls like Navigator Research, Civiqs and MSN show Trump moving into negative territory on his handling of the virus. Civiqs and MSN were well ahead of the curve vs standard polls on the impeachment question.

33 Likes

It’s always about shooting the messenger. That is bound to fix the problem.

25 Likes

Are they cheering for his actions, or because he’s leaving? I know it’s likely the former but not entirely obvious, and it looks from the video like turns to salute but isn’t met with the expected roar from the crowd. But I was looking at it at 5am and was sleepy.

Appoint Jared Kushner as the new commander. He seems to know everything about anything.

25 Likes

It’s not enough to kill them, if he wants to be rehabilitated he needs to run to Fox News and whine about the liberals wanting to railroad him with war crimes.

11 Likes

A Navy Seal does something illegal and Trump pardons him.
A Navy Captain tries to save his crew and 5 Deferment Don does another dodge.
How can any of my brother and sister Vets and those on active duty have any respect for President Bone Spurs.
I know you cannot speak out but you can vote

73 Likes

I am pretty sure when the first video of this came out, the trump cult members were screaming…Fake Video
and then the second one came out of the event…sorta fake video
and then the third and fourth came out…these sailors were paid by George Soros!!
so there!!

16 Likes

Now that is what a leader does Captain Brett Croziery. You have saved the lives of thousands of crew members, and maintained the military capability of the TR. Stand tall. Stand Proud. Bravo!

21 Likes

They like him way better than that Muslim, terrorist appeasing community organizer with the fake birth certificate.

5 Likes

To me the military is a bit of a cult and follow orders and don’t speak out. It’s not a way of life I understand or accept and I grew up surrounded by military.

5 Likes

I can’t help but think that he had already tried working within the system.

30 Likes

I think those videos speak so clearly to his commitment to leadership and integrity.

15 Likes

If we should ever need “The Big Stick” we will need real leaders like Captain Crozier and not Trump’s PR-conscious pencil-pushing toadies.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available