How To Decarbonize Your Life Right Now

There’s more in the package, but you get this gist. It’s a worthy project from some clear-eyed folks who consistently manage not to be smug or precious about the climate challenges we face.

Just ask yourself “What would Ed Begley, Jr. do?” and follow the answer.

5 Likes

Someone wants to be the egg man.
And the tulips say “we’ve seen this all before”

15 Likes

In other developments, for those of us who like MAGA conspiracy theories with our stuffed-grape-leaf-and-shawerma combo plates: he’s back!!

Mark Robinson hires Donald Trump-associated attorney to investigate CNN claims (wbtv.com)

Watching this one.

28 Likes

This makes my blood boil. We are indeed a Nation of Monsters.

44 Likes

Jan. 6 Judge Shuts Down Trump’s Latest Delay Tactic
U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan has ruled, over objections from Donald Trump, that Special Counsel Jack Smith’s brief on presidential immunity due tomorrow can exceed the page limit set by rule. Smith had asked to be allowed to file a massive brief of no more than 180 pages given the complexity of the legal and factual issues the Supreme Court has tasked Chutkan with evaluating before the case proceeds.
… … … …
180 pages from Smith?
I hope he offers a summary

22 Likes

We treat a lot of secular stuff as if it were religion.

30 Likes

Bernie Moreno’s Self-Own On Abortion

Saying a woman past 50 shouldn’t care about abortion is like saying I shouldn’t care about what goes on in Ukraine because I don’t live in Ukraine.

These GOP candidates really haven’t figured out that the heavy, juvenile sarcasm they learned being internet trolls on 4Chan and FreeRepublic doesn’t sell when you’re appealing for votes from sane adults.

79 Likes

Trump is trying to find a buyer for his interest because he cannot dump it into the market. Plenty of dark money out there looking to help him out, but has to comply with SEC rules governing controlling interests. Stay tuned.

31 Likes

David Slack

‪@slack2thefuture.bsky.social‬

Following

How I learned the death penalty is always immoral. :thread: When I was writing for Law & Order, I did an episode about the death penalty. One of our tech advisors was the ME who ID’d the bodies after 9/11. He was also a cantor at his synagogue. Great guy. And very very smart.

September 24, 2024 at 8:38 PM

David Slack‬ ‪@slack2thefuture.bsky.social‬

·

13h

So when we were talking about this episode, I was arguing that sometimes you need the death penalty. I grew up in Texas were executions were relatively common and the prevailing philosophy is that “Sometimes, people need killin’.”

‪David Slack‬ ‪@slack2thefuture.bsky.social‬

·

13h

But our ME consultant changed my mind. He said: “I’m a doctor. Just let me sever his spinal cord at C3. He’ll live out the rest of his life and never be able to hurt anyone again.” I said: “But Shia, that’s barbaric.” He said: “Yes. But it’s less than what you’re proposing.”

‪David Slack‬ ‪@slack2thefuture.bsky.social‬

·

13h

In that moment, I understood that I was wrong — that the death penalty is wrong, in every instance, under any circumstances. Marcellus Williams should still be alive. Abolish the death penalty.

78 Likes

“* Trump is planning to return next month to the scene of the attempted assassination to hold another campaign rally at the Butler Farm Show fairgrounds.”

Only a freakshow narcissist would return to the scene where he was (almost) shot and hold yet another political rally.

Look at me. Look at me. Look at me.

53 Likes

OT: I hope y’all are sitting down. This is gonna be shocking.

Screenshot_20240925_091258

I suppose it’s just a sign of how poorly the economy is doing under the Biden/Harris Administration, even an [artificial-boy] genius like Jared can’t make any money.

87 Likes

Stay safe.

7 Likes

You can make yourself feel slightly better and reduce your carbon footprint, but humanity is still completely and utterly fucked in the short term.

Way too little, way too late.

11 Likes

Missouri…the sundown state.

23 Likes

This should be helpful

Although voters still favor former president Donald Trump over Harris on handling the economy, his advantage has dropped dramatically in recent weeks. Trump now averages a six-percentage-point edge on the economy, compared with a 12-point lead against President Joe Biden earlier this year, according to an analysis of five polls that measured voters’ opinions before and after Biden dropped out.

29 Likes

More on “Trumpsylvania”

“Sad to see the descendants of the people who suffered it fall for it.”

50 Likes

In a sign of the times the news here in KC says a local GM plant is being retooled to produce EVs. Apparently GM believes EVs are coming pretty fast.

47 Likes

I’m sure the Democratic Senate investigation into this corruption will be released in two weeks. Pathetic abdication of responsibility.

11 Likes

It’s worth getting onto the Innocence Project’s email list, so you can get involved to the level you’re comfortable with. I emailed the gov and it did no good, because the powers that be wanted to kill this man. But if we keep emailing about other cases, and donating, and whatever raises awareness, we might be able to stop future injustices.

19 Likes

That is NOT the profit the Saudi’s are banking on from this investment.

37 Likes