How Tea Party Budget Battles Left the National Emergency Medical Stockpile Unprepared for Coronavirus | Talking Points Memo

This story first appeared at ProPublica. ProPublica is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1301611
1 Like

How many time do I have to tell you,

Keep your goddamn government hands off of my Medicare!

Oh my, how you do reap what you sow…

26 Likes

You can lay this one directly at the feet of the anti-scientists. No quibbling or wiggling out of it…

19 Likes

The GOP has got to go… they are destroying the country

29 Likes

Hell will be opening a new annex for the pig-ignorant Tea-Party assholes - too lazy and stupid to develop a comprehensive understanding of the full operation of a governmental system - they belligerently demanded that it conform to their over simplified and wildly ill-informed perceptions.

14 Likes

Yes, but…this smells of “dark money” interests and the Kochs (et al.) to me. They have been on a long campaign to hogtie the Federal government and it appears that they are succeeding. Read Jane Mayer’s book some time for a good scare. Edited to add: The GOP is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Kochs, the Mercers and others. Vote these rascals out next November!

18 Likes

I suspect the Tea Party will have a miraculous resurgence once President Biden is in office and having to spent gazillions on the economy. Rinse and repeat.

20 Likes

Oh, well.

Consequences happen.

2 Likes

“Are”?

14 Likes

There are still a few crumbs of decency fighting for their lives … or hiding in the corner.

1 Like

Please tell me that those Tea Party members will:

1. return their Cares Act check

2. NOT take up precious healthcare resources if they get Covid-19 infections…hearth attack…diabetes…

3. NOT complain if the medical providers are forced to institute “Death Panels” (which they falsely accused ACA via Sarah Palin before) because the healthcare facilities have shortages they’ve caused

4. NOT enroll in ACA now if there are special enrollments or in regular enrollments in the future

23 Likes
  1. NOT get those stupid hats out of the closet to wear again.
12 Likes

The Tea Party will go down as the greatest feat of astro-turfing ever achieved…

Dick Armey and his merry band of Kochsuckers…

21 Likes

By G-d, if the Dems don’t run on this, all really is lost.

7 Likes

The next great feat will be Donald Trump’s re-election campaign gutting and destroying voter rights in advance of this Coronavirus election.

10 Likes

You tell me what’s going to happen in 2030, and I will communicate that to congressmen and senators

Um.

Terrorism… Hurricanes… Disease?

Oh, and, if it’s no trouble, please add less clean air and water to the list. Thank you.

8 Likes

Don’t forget the role the shitgibbons judges will play. Moscow Mitch is likely getting daily updates on the status of RBG…

In case you missed it:

11 Likes

It’s deeply ironic that the Tea Party -whose claim to fame was a fabricated concern about deficits -is at least indirectly responsible for the trillions we’re handing out like candy, and a corresponding explosion in the deficit.

15 Likes

The tea party demographic has gone from “Keep your government hands off my Medicare” to “Where is my ventilator”.

10 Likes

18 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available