How Many People in the U.S. Are Hospitalized With COVID-19? Who Knows? | Talking Points Memo

For big technology projects, he noted, there is often a well-publicized transition with information sessions, an educational program and, perhaps, running the old system and the new one in parallel.

This “was extremely abrupt,” he said. “That is not akin to anything you would expect from HHS about how you would implement a program.”

It’s all about making the data untrustworthy and subject to control. I have been involved in two different nationwide projects in large companies going from one system to another as someone at the user end of things, and both took more than a year to iron out all of the unforeseen and just plain fucked up consequences.

Bottom line, the people in charge care nothing about accuracy or timeliness because they are not using the info to make decisions - they are using it to influence peddle, deny responsibility and downplay the growing disaster. The Data is just becoming something else that changes daily depending on how Trump feels that day, like his net worth.

12 Likes

Let’s hope it hasn’t metastasized to the point where hospice is the only realistic option.

2 Likes

GOPers are clutching their pearls, as predicted.

4 Likes

In short order

1. The COVID data is aborbed by a little known company damn near over night.
  2. Restrictions on reporting as well as access are in play.
  3. Suddenly the Military will be the logistical arm for distributing a vaccine.
  4. Trump says he is about to sign a major health plan into existence. (Maybe Sunday)
  5. Trump says he is about sign a major immigration plan into existence.
  6. Trump suggests delaying the election.
  7. Trump opines and suggests moving it up.

And he looks shiny as hell at the moment, again.

His train is off the rails, making a hard right and trying to beat the light. Jeez. Basically he is going down hard and is trying anything to get some traction back.

For some of this check out Rupar’s feed.
https://twitter.com/atrupar

9 Likes

If he weren’t president, his kids would have put him safely in a home by now.

3 Likes

In a normal family. What that trio would do with him is likely to be odd.

5 Likes

They would be fighting over who got to sign the checks, and the home would be distinctly third-rate.

Other maybe each of them in turn would be sneaking into his room with a different version of the will to sign after they buttered him up. (Figuratively, you people.)

4 Likes

State Rep. Tony Tinderholt, R-Arlington, is a member of the hardline conservative House Freedom Caucus, which has frequently criticized Gov. Greg Abbott’s response to the pandemic — shutting down businesses and requiring masks in public — as government overreach.

5 Likes

Refer to Mary’s book on that. It comes away as predictive.

Perhaps, someone should tell that to Herman Cain…

He died yesterday. I was surprised TPM hadn’t reported it yet.

I’m surprised the repugno admin. didn’t classify the data.

110 here in Tucson today. That damn bug is still here donald.

2 Likes

I do have to say that I’m a little astonished that a president has this amount of power and control over the flow of information that is detrimental to public health. We don’t, of course, live in a monarchy, but that fact tRump has the amount of power he does to just hijack this information, switch it’s dissemination to another department/venue without any push back at all, if that is even legislatively possible, makes it feel like we are living in a monarchy. This points to some very big problems with our form of government.

5 Likes

Bingo. If only…
In early March if we locked down and thrown the sink, barn door, everything into the fight we would be on our way to a solid recovery. Turnip would also more than likely be on the way to a win. Instead the shit is flying and many, like I , are on our way to bankruptcy.

5 Likes

In a memo… the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services told hospitals to abruptly change course…

A memo. A memo.

Some clown can pull out a piece of paper, peck out a few words on it at whim, and just like that, a critical national system can be changed?

Too much power.

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s anything to do with monarchy vs. republic. Canada, Britain and Norway are monarchies but haven’t, in modern times, suffered from abuses of power that seem endemic in the US.

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about falling off the financial cliff due to Trump’s cruelty and callousness!
It is hard to contemplate such dire situation amidst a more dire health crisis - pandemic. Our family suffered financially during the Great Recession and had a health crisis too (heart surgery)…hang in there and stay safe and healthy!

3 Likes

Is the US still a superpower when it can’t know and doesn’t want to know the number of its citizens admitted to ICU? Not even a pretense of caring for the health of citizens. Yet you wouldn’t know it from reading MSM headlines.
I think Trump will get his wall and both Mexico and Canada will pay for it.

3 Likes

From the article: “ While Tinderholt acknowledged the virus is a “serious illness,” he reiterated Friday his position that Abbott shutting down parts of the economy is wrong.”

None so blind as those who will not see.

8 Likes

Great victory!

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available