How Did Rudy Get Trump’s Velvet-Rope COVID Treatment? | Talking Points Memo

It may be the dying days of Trump’s presidency, but some are getting lifetime benefits.

Rudy Giuliani, currently convalescing in a Georgetown hospital bed from COVID-19, called into his native WABC radio station on Tuesday for an update on his treatment for the deadly virus.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1348322
1 Like

Fox “News” and OANN need to look into how these treatments are being kept from the general public. Maybe a special prosecutor. You don’t think Trump’s holding out from his beloved unwashed masses of supporters, is he?

28 Likes

Of course he is.

55 Likes

So, while the elite slobs are drinking cocktails for their irresponsible behavior, there isn’t money to distribute the vaccine that was developed at warp speed but will arrive to you snail speed or maybe never.

37 Likes

Rudy’s an essential worker, doncha know?

9 Likes

If they find Rudy guilty of treason, he should definitely get a velvet rope.

23 Likes

But the question is intriguing: 286,000 deaths into the pandemic, is the President using the perks of his office to grant his friends medical help?

Asking for 290K friends @joshkovensky? Of course he is using his position to dole out favors. The appropriate question is what laws has #Trump been breaking in aiding his sycophants with medical perks at the expense of those dying with covid?

24 Likes

he most promising of them all, regeneron — a newly developed monoclonal antibody treatment

“Regeneron” is the name of the company. The monoclonal anti-body mix is described as “REGN-COV2”.

17 Likes

Trump is openly corrupt, so I don’t think anyone doubts that the Ghoul’ probably got special treatment.

As high-end genetically-engineered medicines become more common we will find all sorts of terminal diagnosis will only count if you’re poor. Obama couldn’t stop the trend, and Trump couldn’t have cared less about such things. Biden can’t stop the tide. This is the future.

11 Likes

“The minute I took the cocktail yesterday, I felt 100 percent better,” Giuliani said. “It works very quickly. Wow!”

Dexamethasone will perk you up regardless of your body’s condition.

30 Likes

This SO pisses me off. These bottomfeeders won’t try and help ANYBODY, do not wear masks, pretend Trump has actually DONE something and then when they get sick they get the premier treatment and accept it as their ‘due’. They aren’t special. They aren’t useful. They are liars and moochers and grifters.

57 Likes

And a wooden stake.

24 Likes

“For my friends, everything! For my enemies, the law”.

— Óscar R. Benavides (1876-1945), Peruvian Authoritarian President.

39 Likes

A COVID spokeswoman decried the aggressive treatment regimen, however, countering that “the coronavirus has every right to pursue all available biological challenges to Mr. Giuliani’s immune system, and we should be patient enough to let that process play out.”

32 Likes

In a word, NO.

10 Likes

What is the going black market rate on a vial of Pfizer BioNgen vaccine?

5 Likes

Because it’s good to be the Fat Orange King–or even his Greasy Chief Courtier.

4 Likes

“How Did Rudy Get Trump’s Velvet-Rope COVID Treatment?“

He’s part of the ‘in crowd’… at least until January 20, when the ‘benefits’ of having sold his soul to the Devil expire.

1 Like

You can get a discount on the ones stored at room temperature.

17 Likes

So going rate for a vial packed in dry ice?

3 Likes