How Christian Nationalism And The Big Lie Fused To Fuel Doug Mastriano’s Candidacy - TPM – Talking Points Memo

I am too. Strangely, I think that Oz, the unexperienced millionaire from NJ, is the least of horrid Republican candidates for PA’s senator.

2 Likes

It may be just me, but the picture of Mastriano with the red thing atop his pate makes me think of Zippy the Pinhead.

2 Likes

Does Trump know that his candidate revealed a strand of humanity? Has he retracted his support yet?

3 Likes

I left Pennsylvania for good in 1982. Before I left I saw how the Religious Right was infecting the churches and the infection took hold in my relatives. Mom and Dad were heartbroken when the rest of my family got swept up in that crap. The rest of my relatives turned into hardcore Republicans who worshipped the ground Pruneface Reagan walked on. They are solidly behind Mastriano and Krazy Kathy.

What churches did to them is sickening. Because of them I will NEVER step foot in a church for the rest of my life.

It’s time to kick these Pulpit Pimps off of the Tax-Exempt Gravy Train.

TAX THE CHURCHES!

5 Likes

Do these guys, when they say the election was “stolen”, ever provide any usable (in court) evidence to back up their claims?

3 Likes

Never.

4 Likes

Exactly. I’m thinking about the mid-term election in November.

I live in PA. It’s pretty wild to drive in the country north of Philadelphia and see all the Confederate Battle Flags flying in people’s yards. Unfortunately, many of them will probably admit to being racists.

We’ve got to think and trace back to why many of these folks got radicalized. We do know that many of them feel left out of the mainstream, seeing job losses in rural areas, etc. Rather than do something about it, they kick back, pop a beer, and watch Fox News. They need to know what their other options are.

2 Likes

Which is sad when these folks live within a few hours’ driving distance from Gettysburg, PA.

6 Likes

Don’t forget - the Repubs are just relying on their understanding of how easily their voters are convinced by the BS message of the day.

1 Like

Pfft. That dog won’t hunt. They can talk all they want but he’s hardly a frail-looking guy and they know it.

2 Likes

I don’t have a lot of patience for that anymore. If you’re an ignoramus who doesn’t see change happening and can’t be bothered to develop new skills, you’re out of luck and that’s on you. People don’t need coal and don’t need gas-guzzler cars and don’t need buggy whips either. Those people with the flags squandered their educations, assumed everything would work out, and now they resent everyone but their damn selves. Too much has happened for me to care any more about their economic anxiety. They’re ignorant authoritarians and proud of it, is the problem. Every organism on this planet lives in an ecosystem, always has, and if change happens and you don’t adapt you die. Hillary talked about retraining and such back in '16, but Trump was going to bring back your jobs magically so sure, let’s shake things up down there. Now they still don’t have jobs and Aunt Betsy is dead. Take down that stupid flag and figure out what you need to do for your next trick, morons, because what you’re doing is maladaptive.

7 Likes

I’ll be glad to give Oz credit for whatever percentage of his communications this relatively non-disgusting message represents. And here’s some hot dish from the D committee folks at the table down in front of the polling place: Fetterman’s getting a pacemaker.

3 Likes

Yeah, I just read that in the Philadelphia Inquirer.

”John Fetterman is about to undergo a standard procedure to implant a pacemaker with a defibrillator. It should be a short procedure that will help protect his heart and address the underlying cause of his stroke, atrial fibrillation,” the campaign statement read.

4 Likes

That bald head and bit of red from the background prompted a poster to suggest … Zippy the Pinhead??
As for Fetterman the pacemaker implantation is “standard” for everybody but the patient involved. I don’t have a pacemaker but I have had surgery and it sure didn’t feel “standard” to me. Just saying… but I really do wish him the best. And a speedy and full recovery.

So to get votes this guy embraces obvious lies and religiosity he does not believe in. what will he do if elected?

And the chair in the Senate, or at least the chance to run for it. He has apparently won the Dem primary.

1 Like

His smile is less hideous than Trump’s rictus, but it still sucks.

Replacement Hysteria By Race is a distraction.

The actual conspiracy is Rupert Murdock wants to replace liberal white Americans with fascists.

1 Like

Christian Nationalism. Another of the endless euphemisms used to make Nazi racists seem more acceptable.

2 Likes

Why is white resentment so high?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available