House Tells Court Impeachment Probe Is Looking At Whether Trump Lied To Mueller | Talking Points Memo

A lawyer for the House of Representatives told an appeals court Monday that among the issues the House is probing in its ongoing impeachment inquiry is whether President Trump lied to special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1263055
1 Like

I’m gonna go way out on a limb here and take “YES” for $9-bazillion Alex…

29 Likes

Frist.

Edit: Dammit.

5 Likes

Frist? Who are you— a BLOGGER or something?

4 Likes

Looks like another good news day for the White House!

35 Likes

Trump/GOPedo defenses when it inevitably is revealed that Trump did lie to Mueller:

1. Mueller turned up nothing, so it doesn’t matter if Trump lied.
  2. The Mueller probe was based on lies, so it doesn’t matter if Trump lied.
  3. Peter Strozk and Lisa Page!
34 Likes

“Whether” Trump Lied?

ROFLMAO…

19 Likes
  1. Listen to Ken Starr. He is our expert on impeachable offenses.
12 Likes

Is there any question that Trump DIDN’T lie to Mueller?

23 Likes

That one is going to be a ‘catch and kill’ exercise by the Republicans in the Senate.

10 Likes

In his written answers to Mueller, Trump frequently used the catch-all response “I don’t recall.” We also see iterations of this in “I never met the guy” or “How should I be expected to remember something like that? I run a huge business.” Even so, I appears Trump cannot help himself when it comes to making things up. A more appropriate, albeit Onion-esque, investigation, would involve determining if Trump ever told the truth to Mueller, or indeed anybody since he explained to Marla Maples he was divorcing her due to the impending prenup penalties and the move was “just business.”

14 Likes

I think the House counsel should have put it similarly to how David Fahrenthold put it a month or two ago when he was trying to research which 10 or so sites were vetted for the G7 summit before Doral was chosen: something to the tune of “I’m assuming you’re telling the truth, I just want to check your facts.”

Sarcasm at its finest, but the same kind of starting position that led him to find all the Trump Foundation shenanigans.

25 Likes

Attack on ALL fronts! Investigate the Orange Menace until he surrenders!

5 Likes

If credible evidence arises Trump lied to Mueller then a perjury charge can be added to the impeachment bill of particulars. It’s one more reason to kick him out of office.

18 Likes

Release the Pecker!

3 Likes

Maybe he lied about a blowjob.
One can only hope so in terms of poetic justice.

7 Likes

Would it count if he claimed he got one but did not?
That would be a bit more Trumpian.

9 Likes

In other headline news, animal biologists gathered to recommend urgent inquiry into whether bears shit in the woods. Attorney General Bill Bear said that information could not be released with infringing the mighty powers of King Bear.

5 Likes

So what? I’m sure a lot of folks lied to Mueller. But given what a shitty joke Saint Bobby made of the investigation who gives a shit it Trump lied. I’m sure he did. Bob was too “narrowly focused” to see anything of any count or too professional to do a good job.

2 Likes

It all depends. Were either his lips or fingers moving? If so, most likely he lied.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available