House Tells Court Impeachment Probe Is Looking At Whether Trump Lied To Mueller | Talking Points Memo

The third judge on the panel, Trump-appointee Neomi Rao had far fewer questions for Freeman than her colleagues.

Either she’s trying to avoid the hard ones like, “why is the DoJ blocking this?,” or she’s bucking for Silent Clarence Thomas’s role on SCOTUS.

7 Likes

Sekulow, Dowd and Giuliani wrote those answers for him. Just sayin’.

4 Likes

I would assume Mueller had the ability to make known that Chump lied to him. Yet somehow, he kept mum about it all…wouldn’t put it in his report or testify about it. Mueller only seemed capable of following through as long as it would have no direct impact on Chump. I will give him that much credit, although Barr seems to have dismantled most of that as well. Some things had moved too far along for Barr to stop.

1 Like

Bob Mueller was full of shit.

He was charged with investigating collusion between the Trump cabal and Russia. No one disputes that Trump Jr. sat down with a Russian agent in order to gather “dirt” on HRC and then lied about it after being coached on how do so by his father. NO ONE disputes that. Mueller did not interview Trump Jr.

I rest my case on the detestable Bobby.

3 Likes

“Whether?” is clearly not the right question. “When?” and “to what extent?” would be more like it.

2 Likes

I would be seriously shocked if trump really did tell the whole truth to Mueller. I’d hafta keep a set of these handy…

paddles

2 Likes

I would be surprised if he told the truth about ANYTHING, except his idiotic admissions. Those he can’t help, because he is too stupid to know how incriminating they are.

4 Likes

Na

He lies to everyone else, why wouldn’t he lie to Mueller?

3 Likes

Oh oh. Pick me. Yes

2 Likes

Donnie is in Nancy’s wheelhouse now. She’s going to drip…drip…drip him out of his mind. This has to be torturous for a raging narcissist.

It keeps him and Republicans on the defense for the rest of this year and probably into the next. And who knows what else might turn up? Nancy probably.

10 Likes

In a related inquiry - the House has subpoenaed documents from the Naval Observatory to determine if - in fact - the sun rises in the east.

Attorney General William Barr has stopped the release of those records - stating that the “Galileo Trial was not settled law” - and has appealed via his special access to the Vatican to pressure the Supreme Court to overturn the old ruling.

5 Likes

Palmer Report: Turns out Nancy Pelosi played Donald Trump even more than we thought

Please continue, Madame Speaker. Your successful baiting of Agolf Twitler is great cheer to me. :laughing:

8 Likes

I find myself thinking of Fellini’s Armacord.

"…sentimental education is emblematic of Italy’s “lapse of conscience. Fellini skewers Mussolini’s ludicrous posturings and those of a [Catholic Church] that “imprisoned Italians in a perpetual adolescence” by mocking himself and his fellow villagers in comic scenes that underline their incapacity to adopt genuine moral responsibility…”

1 Like

Mueller testified that POTUS written responses were bullshit. He mumbled but said as I recall that they were not truthful.

3 Likes

Both Bannon (while campaign chair) and Gates (deputy campaign chair) testified at the Stone trial that they were in contact with Roger Stone re: Wikileaks.
RE:Bannon:

However, when Bannon was asked why he emailed Stone on Oct 4, 2016 — the date WikiLeaks announced the dump of Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta’s emails — Bannon replied, “Because Roger was the guy who knew about WikiLeaks and knew Julian Assange.”

Trump and his staff talked to Stone numerous times on the same day according to Stone’s cell phone records that were revealed in pre-trial evidence.

Gates:

Gates said that Stone was also known in the Trump campaign as a source of information about upcoming releases of stolen Democratic emails by WikiLeaks. Gates testified that Manafort told him that he “would be updating other people on the campaign, including the candidate.”

Trump written Mueller testimony:

I do not recall discussing WikiLeaks with him, nor do I recall being aware of Mr. Stone having discussed WikiLeaks with individuals associated with my campaign.

7 Likes

This is basically a flow chart. It just goes “Is he Trump? If so: he lied.”

4 Likes

Why not investigate if the sky is blue and water is wet while they are at it.

1 Like

Clearly somebody is guilty of perjury. Either Manafort+Gates, or the “President.” Barr should be asked very publicly to investigate. Then, when he refuses, he should be impeached.
ETA: He should be impeached anyway, but this does seem very convenient, clear, and easy.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available