House Republicans Insist Investigations Aren’t About Hunter Biden While Talking Exclusively About Hunter Biden

TPM Headline

BREAKING: PELOSI WILL NOT SEEK REELECTION TO DEM LEADERSHIP IN NEXT CONGRESS

The story isn’t up yet

9 Likes

I would like this multiple times if I could.

3 Likes

Mostly he moved large sums of money across international borders and may have been sloppy on the disclosures and taxes. That’s really all they have and even the zealots at DOJ aren’t sure about prosecuting him. I really hope the R’s spend two years trying to make people care (spoiler: they won’t)

14 Likes

The story is up, just not at TPM. Meanwhile, Scalise, Kev and Gym are drooling with anxiety.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi has led the House Democrats for two decades and is the first woman to hold the speakership. Republicans captured the 218 House seats required to take a narrow majority, and Ms. Pelosi will not pursue the role of minority leader.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the face of House Democrats for two decades and the first woman to serve in the post, announced on Thursday that she would leave leadership in January following narrow election losses that cost Democrats their majority, but will remain in Congress.

Ms. Pelosi, the Californian who twice led Democrats to power in the House and has been a central figure in the major legislative accomplishments of the Obama and Biden administrations, announced her plans in a midday floor speech on the House floor, a day after Republicans clinched control of the chamber

15 Likes

That is a sensible statement when dealing with people who are sane and competent. The GOP house wants blood and will not be satisfied with anything less. These people are totally obsessed, they’ve got nothing but CTs and this is their crown jewel.

12 Likes

Okay there is no way that anything with Burisma even approaches the things that Jared, Ivanka, and Don, Jr. did in plain sight during the Trump administration.

But remember this seems to be self-refuting to us in this echo chamber. The NYT will cover this like they did with Whitewater and Benghazi, taking the lead and elevating it from the fever swamp to the nightly news. There were people involved with Hunter’s deals that talked about at least invoking Joe Biden as a “silent partner”. Realistically, there will be political damage to President Biden.

The question is what the Dems should do about it. Do they investigate the little Trumps in the Senate? Do they take the moral high ground and say “Tut, tut!”? Does Hunter sue them for libel?

I really don’t know. Comer is a douche and Jordan is compromised by his own scandals, but these guys wrote the book Art of the Smear.

22 Likes

I’m trying to figure out why the GOP map shows a big Ding Dong drawn over Pennsylvania

I guess I got to conclude that they’re upset that Big John defeated The OZHOLE.

3 Likes

Dems should simply say that Hunter is under investigation by the DOJ. If there is evidence that he did anything wrong, they will bring him to trial and that’s the appropriate venue to deal with it. Meanwhile he has a presumption of innocence until proven guilty. A House investigation is just political noise so we’re going to ignore it, and you should too.

21 Likes

I think Pelosi should have moved on from leadership a long time ago, but I don’t want it done in response to the violence. This was going to be the first time in several congresses I was behind her remaining as leader, just to spite the terrorists on the right. However, I also think she may have done this without the attack and hope that’s the case.

2 Likes

I am torn on my feelings but lean toward her getting the hell out of the madhouse and spending some time doing whatever she pleases. She has assured her place in history as a intelligent, powerful speaker.

19 Likes

She can sit quietly on a backbench and leave the grief to others. Kev and his gang are in over their heads.

21 Likes

Hey GOP! My laptop is REAL, too!

But it’s loaded with years of chess games and analysis and some of that analysis is in Russian so I guess that doesn’t warrant an investigation from you assholes!

7 Likes

Pelosi was the most effective leader the House has ever had. There was no reason for her to step down from leadership but the attack on her husband is clearly is driving this decision.

9 Likes

Well, you can’t say we weren’t warned. This has been the destiny of the GQP-led House since they had half a hope of taking charge.

The adults have left the room, with the departure of Speaker Pelosi from the leadership. We’re going to get all ‘scandals’ all the time for the next two years and nothing that even vaguely resembles leadership or governance.

Have the terrorists won yet?

6 Likes

There’s nothing in NYT today about Hunter Biden, so you must be drooling in anticipation of that happy day. Get a bib.

Did the media repeatedly ask them question like, are you worried the public will get see your investigations as a abuse of power solely being used to damage the current president.

6 Likes

Hopefully America has it’s act together enough to reject a violation of the rules: rank attack on the families of elected officials. The Democrats left the odious Baby Trump alone even after his Borscht lunch with a Russian operative in his NYC office. Ivanka obviously was given numerous trademarks in China because of her father’s position…no one went after her.

So do it GOP’ers. Go after a private citizen solely because his name is Biden. Do in spades what caused America to sour on you.

5 Likes

Don’t remember which pol it was but someone said managing the House was like herding cats. Certainly not a task left to the adolescents who’ll be charge.

4 Likes

Hunter should just evoke that he might claim executive privilege, and have it twisted in the wind for 2 years.

8 Likes

This has always been the case. It really is ok if you are a Republican and that’s about to become abundantly clear over the next two years.

I’m just waiting to see what happens when Nancy hands the gavel over to Kevin in January - will he really whack her over the head with it, as he has threatened?

Kevin McCarthy says ‘it will be hard not to hit’ Pelosi with gavel if he becomes House speaker | CNN Politics

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available