House Republicans Insist Investigations Aren’t About Hunter Biden While Talking Exclusively About Hunter Biden

Key soon-to-be House Republican committee chairs, flanked by members with funereal expressions and unintelligible visual aides, unveiled their big investigatory plans for January: something something Hunter Biden. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1439893
1 Like

This may be the funniest, best, “news” story I read all day. Thanks, @kateriga!

50 Likes

Who is Hunter Biden? Any relation?

9 Likes

It is amazing that the Repubs can speak when their heads are so far up their asses causing a oxygen starved brains.

12 Likes

The President’s son
His tax returns are a bit tangled

7 Likes

O please, let a juicy scandal suddenly erupt among the GQP, as when Newt and Bob Livingston quickly went down after turning their sights on Clinton. Neither party has a grip on hypocrisy, but the Republicans are so good at it.

23 Likes

Hypocrisy + sleaze factor = GOP

11 Likes

These malefactors have nothing better to offer than the President’s son on a platter. I’m still waiting for Hunter Biden to be caught planning a meeting with Fidel Castro’s emissary to get Cuban kompromat on Ron DeSantis. These malefactors will make his emails to the emissary public, where Hunter writes: “If it’s what you say, I love it!”

That would truly be payback in some alternative universe like the one where these malefactors dwell.

14 Likes

House Republicans will find themselves in a perpetual trap of being forced to appease the MAGA nuts with all of this silliness while, at the same time, pissing off most of the rest of America. I’m guessing that nothing of substance will be accomplished by our government over the next two years, but this sure will be fun to watch.

15 Likes

I’m entertained, yet exhausted. I suspect the latter will take over completely by mid-January. Maybe it will help if they train a poodle to ride through on a tricycle now and then.

24 Likes

Vicious idiocy is the tribute that vicious idiots pay to other vicious idiots.

14 Likes

So are Donald Trump’s – and no one gets access to them.

20 Likes

We’re in for two years of unrelenting clusterf**kisms. Tom DeLay and Newt Gingrich will look like the good old days.

14 Likes

Always good the GQP can return to the “You’re the racist for accusing me” book of variations.

The lesson from Clinton 1997-8 never took. How could it.

3 Likes

Nothing says Gym Jordan and GQP like a dick pic on the map…
Screenshot 2022-11-17 110435

15 Likes

Ok, TPM, Gym’s face was bad enough in the MM, why again???

2 Likes

“I don’t want this to be about the prostitute!” Comer insisted to reporters on his way out of the room.

Since Comer is apparently willing to do anything for his wealthy donors, I’ll bet he doesn’t.

15 Likes

Agree! @kate_riga nailed it.

12 Likes

There will be hearings looking into the roles BLM and Antifa (allegedly) played in the J6 riots and insurrection. They’ll all sit there with a straight face and say the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers were falsely accused and slandered, and it was the ni**ers and Communists behind all of it. Seriously. It’s coming.

20 Likes

Also the title of the map literally says: “Map of the areas of shale gas production in the 48 continental US states”

SMOKING GUN!!!

ETA: For the MAGAT audience the very presence of Chinese is indictable, I realize. The translation “plays” seems to be from “shale gas play” – natural gas accumulations. That was the business that Burisma was involved in, right?

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available