House Republicans Bet On Divine Intervention

In a bid to appear functional, House Republicans are expected to take at least one step toward possibly, potentially, maybe electing a speaker today. How those procedural votes will actually pan out is anyone’s guess — and the D.C. tip sheets have plenty of ‘em — but plugged-in observers say a rule change vote expected today will serve as a proxy vote on the nominees. Most of the GOP conference is rallying around either House Majority Leader Steve Scalise (R-LA) or Judiciary Committee Chair Jim Jordan (R-OH).

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1470888
1 Like

Welcome back, MM.

46 Likes

56 Likes

Welcome back MM. We were lost but now we’re found. Hallelujah!!

22 Likes

And I suppose Kari Lake, who announced she is running to replace Krysten Sinema in the Senate, expects divine intervention. Or mebbe she enjoys losing.

26 Likes

Ripped from last Friday’s headlines! A world gone mad and a respite from wall-to-wall Israel news!

Prepare to delve into a world where reality itself morphs into a nightmarish tapestry of conspiracy and malevolence. Republican lawmakers have torn open the veil of darkness, revealing a revelation that will warp your perception of reality: the elusive Jim Jordan, soon-to-be Speaker of the House, enjoys an unlikely endorsement from the DCCC and select Congress members. But what’s the purpose of this bizarre alliance? It serves to divert attention away from a shocking truth about Joe Biden and pins the blame for a meticulously orchestrated crisis involving American submarines on Trump, masterminded by the DCCC and the Deep State.

Joe Biden is not the President he pretends to be; he’s something far more sinister: a hologram. Emerging from the depths of alien technology, reverse-engineered after a cataclysmic event at CERN, this hologram-Biden occupies the epicenter of this nightmarish plot. Their malevolent objective? To frame Trump for the alleged leak of classified information concerning American nuclear submarines and the Department of Defense’s Automatic Targeting Attack Communicator (ATAC) system, a linchpin controlling the nation’s Trident II submarine fleet.

However, the actual truth is a chilling tale that unravels beneath the ocean’s surface. In the dark abyss of the Ionian Sea, a U.S. information-gathering vessel, housing the ATAC system, succumbs to its demise at the hands of a long-forgotten naval mine. In response, Trump, the true President, embarks on a perilous mission to salvage the sunken ship. Yet, lurking in the shadows is a sinister Cuban hitman named Hector Gonzales, who hologram Joe Biden sent to be Trump’s grim executioner.

As Trump delves deeper into this abyss of intrigue, he finds himself ensnared in an intricate web of espionage and danger. Assassination attempts plague his every step, including Gonzales, as well as a surreal encounter with American biathlete Mandy Rose Kautzer. Their scuffle spirals into an inexplicable passion, and their fates are forever entangled in a conspiracy beyond comprehension. At one point he was also chased by people dressed up like hockey players.

The labyrinthine plot thickens as Trump uncovers the shocking revelation that Hunter Biden, driven by vengeance over his father’s death is desperate to retrieve his laptop. This device is a Pandora’s box containing a trove of national secrets about submarines and the ATAC stolen from his father’s garage, making it an irresistible prize for the darkest of forces to which Hunter wanted to sell.

As the conspiracy unravels, Trump successfully secures the ATAC system and Hunter’s laptop, preventing it from falling into nefarious hands. Amidst the chaos and intrigue, he finds a fleeting moment of solace with Mandy, once again sharing a romantic evening, this time aboard his private plane. In this tumultuous realm of malevolence and madness, the question remains: who truly wields hologram Joe in this clandestine theater of madness?

30 Likes

Tucker Carlson Questions U.S. Support for Israel War – Could the GOP Follow? - U.S. News - Haaretz.com

15 Likes

Christamitey! It’s effin’ morning again! And there’s fresh new atrocities!

41 Likes

I hope David Kurtz is doing OK!

“I’ll pray on it,” Rep. Tim Burchett (R-TN) said.

47 Likes

Me too. Maybe it’s just a protracted bout of hangover?

12 Likes

“I’m not surrendering this hill,” [Lake] said.”

It’s the hill her career will die on.

26 Likes

I don’t think we ever signed it. I’m sure there’ll be some scientists posing before a giant clock in the next day or two.

32 Likes

And folks wonder why I prefer to stay home.
But in Gaza/Israel there is no protection against carnage. For anyone.

24 Likes

If she fails in her Senate bid Trump will give her a Cabinet office.

6 Likes

OK - maybe I’m slow. Did you write this? Is it posted someplace? It’s from “The Onion”?

4 Likes

I’m glad it is Mexico you can see from your roof and not Israel/Gaza.

9 Likes

A visit to Chicago might be fun, but the Mayor refuses to establish a demilitarized zone.

Seemed a bit derivative of James Bond For Your Eyes Only.

2 Likes

Ex-CIA director ‘stands by’ statement after Tuberville reports ‘assassination’ call to Capitol Police - Alternet.org

Former Central Intelligence Agency director Michael Hayden is standing by a post suggesting Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-AL) should be removed “from the human race” after the Republican senator reported the retired general to Capitol Police on Tuesday, the Military Times reports.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
In a statement Tuesday, Tuberville called Hayden’s comment “disgusting and … repugnant to everything we believe in as Americans.”

“Given General Hayden’s long career in Washington, he must have known that, by making such a statement, he was committing a serious crime,” Tuberville argued. “His own efforts today to reinterpret what he said are only a tacit admission of guilt.”

:baby_bottle: :baby_bottle:

Alleging the tweet was akin to Hayden “calling for a politically motivated assassination,” Tuberville said his office “reported this incident to the Capitol Police” and urged the justice system to prosecute the retired general “to the fullest extent of the law.

38 Likes

The ghost is quite inventive, but I suspect that he may have help from some AI content production engine.

19 Likes