House GOP’s Reported Talking Points For Shootings: Note ‘Violence From The Left’ | Talking Points Memo

Exactly why this latest line isn’t going to help them. It will backfire if they use it. All Dems have to say is “fine, lets pass gun control to stop them” and that is the end of that talking point.

36 Likes

This has been going on, in a very organized way, since the pioneering days of Newt Gingrich. These creeps can’t even think for themselves.

21 Likes

Just when I think I can’t hate these Fuckers any more, they pull something like this.

It’s the Shepard Tone of rage.

8 Likes

Why would any media company in the world, besides FoxNews or Sinclair or the other RW outlets, hire someone as fundamentally awful as Hugh Hewitt?

He has to be providing hookers and blow to the editors. That’s all I got.

22 Likes

Harry didn’t want an apology. I guess he literally took one (or more) for the team.

7 Likes

I agree! Angry leftists should also not be allowed to legally own weapons designed strictly for killing humans.

I guess we can agree that any gun control laws won’t target just the right-wing. Yay! We’ve got this guy’s support!

9 Likes

Organized lying is their forte

11 Likes

Except for misspelling “Benghaaaziiiiiiiiiii!!!” I think you did a pretty good job covering it all. Nicely done.

[I was going to mention Time Cube, but I don’t think they’ve latched onto that yet.]

7 Likes

Republicans - always looking for real solutions to critical problems with intelligence, honesty, integrity, and class.

14 Likes

Why is Bilrakis outing the Republican House Conference strategy? Seems a strange thing to do. I have to assume it was a mistake or incompetence rather than out of a sense of outrage or a sense of decency.

12 Likes

Also know as Rethuglican "bothsiderism."

2 Likes

Oh, cut the crap! EVERYONE knows those things were done by Hitlary. Not to mention the Lindbergh baby and Judge Crater. And the stock market crash of 1929.

And, lest you try to BS me by talking about how those things occurred before she was born: she just used Obama’s time machine. You know – the one he used to go back and insert his own FAKE birth announcement in the Honolulu Times.

25 Likes

Deflection and whataboutism doesn’t advance the discussion. It isn’t right no matter who is doing it, but there must be some significant suppression going on with all the left wing shooting sprees to counter-balance the right wing’s.

6 Likes

And this is why anyone who thinks that once Trump is gone things will be normal again are completely full of shit.

17 Likes

“the Congressional baseball shooter,”

“The House Republican Conference, currently chaired by Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), did not respond to TPM’s request for comment.”

shes working on her senate resume.

17 Likes

No surprise, when in trouble the GOP will lie. Chuck Todd will lap this up with his both siderism shtick. Democrats need to learn to put this argument in its place - both sides do it is a Childs argument, say that.

8 Likes

I’ve really gotten to the point that I absolutely despise Republicans. Bunch of despicable assholes.

11 Likes

Yeah sure. I’m sure this hosebeast was a leftie./s

A neighbor told news outlets that high school kids go door to door every year around this time of year, fundraising for the football team. It isn’t a new phenomenon. Surprisingly, Mrs. Kelly did not get her mugshot taken. When asked if Kelly, who is married to Cross County Jail Administrator Joe Kelly had received “special treatment,” in not getting her mugshot taken, Police Chief Clark dismissed the question saying that Kelly had had a “medical issue” during her booking.

23 Likes

This story wins the “No Shit, Sherlock” Award for today.

6 Likes

The Nazis lied this way. So did the Soviets. Every regime so corrupt that it has to distort reality to survive does this. They were always at war with EastAsia until they always weren’t, and the government didn’t promise not to reduce the chocolate ration.

As a sometimes lonely voice in the wilderness I’m grateful for this. These folks are preserving what’s left of a sense that there’s an agreed-upon objective reality without which we’re all doomed. I think the casually contemptuous term “corporate media” is a bit, let’s say, misguided under the circumstances. Most people have a vague, general idea of how things actually are, and it’s because of the perfidious MSM. They could do better. They could do a lot better. But right now I’m not sure what we have to hold on with besides the MSM and the equally derided by some Democrats. It’s a wise person who knows who’s on his or her side.

37 Likes