House GOP Members Teamed With Conspiracy Theorist Who Called Migrants ‘Apes’ And ‘Congo Cannibals’ For Border Activism

As Republicans in Congress have attacked President Biden’s handling of the southern border, some of them have turned to a far-right media figure with a decidedly extreme perspective. Online, Michael Yon has dubbed himself “just a simple war correspondent and cannibal hunter.” The latter part of his job description refers to his work tracking migrants and his fears they are part of “a planet of the apes style invasion” that is targeting the white race for “genocide and cannibalism.” This shockingly racist paranoia — including referring to migrants as “apes” and “Congo-Cannibals” — has not stopped Yon from collaborating with multiple Republican members of Congress who have turned to him to participate in inflammatory documentaries and junkets to Latin America.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1483644
1 Like

These nut cases just seem to ooze out of the slime at a greater rate than has been known before. Having said that, I’m sure there’s a place for a cannibalism expert in the GOP. I’m surprised it took this long.

38 Likes

" creative director for Sen. Ted Cruz"

The odious Canadian Rafael Cruz has someone making creative lies up for him? I thought he did it himself?

31 Likes

Flagged! :joy:

22 Likes

House GOPers Teamed With Conspiracist Who Called Migrants ‘Apes’ And ‘Congo Cannibals’

To which House GOPers said:
“Was that wrong?
Should we have not done that?”
“Nobody told us about this”

30 Likes

This man needs to be medicated; stat!

His multiple mentions of cannibalism combined with the RWNJ penchant for projection does make me curious about what he had for dinner though.

46 Likes

As a very flawed creature myself, I try not to be judgmental and not to consign anyone to a category beyond redemption. Some people make it hard. I am so sick of GQP idiots and all their racism and other isms. Can’t they just go live on the moon?

20 Likes

I thought there was only going to be one Antichrist, not an entire movement.

32 Likes

Ironically, the most famous recent American cannibal was a nerdy looking white guy from Milwaukee…
… and for a much older data point see :
Donner Party …

23 Likes

“creative director for Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)”

bwahhhhahahahah! :rofl: :rofl: :joy:

14 Likes

We have so many. You all deserve to share the wealth a little.

12 Likes

48 Likes

I blame TFG for the rise of these maniacs. He made it “normal” to be a raving bigot. I am sickened by every one of these poor excuses for human beings.

37 Likes

I bet if you jumped out from behind a door and yelled “BOO” he’d piss his pants.

10 Likes

This episode of “Mikkke The KKKlowns Bigtop of Stochastic Terrorism” was brought to you by the letter “$”…

Mike Lee

@BasedMikeLee

Update: days after calling to abolish TSA, I got “randomly selected” for the needlessly slow, thorough TSA screening & patdown. Maybe it’s a coincidence. Or not. Impossible to know. That’s part of the problem with having a federal agency in charge of airport security.

16 Likes

Don’t laugh that position has 5 direct reports

• Associate Director of Fabrication
  • Senior Manager of Crisis Escaping Excursions
  • Head of the “I’m not the Zodiac Killer” library
  • Chief Fire Marshal - Cruz pants division
  • Curator of the “infinite ways to annoy files”
27 Likes

H.O.R.S.E S.H.I.T !!!

Ive been in the Darien Gap many times photographing wildlife. There are no hostile “Indians” there. Only Spanish and Emberá speaking folks live there. They do not kill people…they never killed me. Such racist horseshit from a man I’m sure has spent little or no time in the Darien bush.

I took this image not far from Central America’s southern extent. The girl is typical of those that live in the forests of Panama, Columbia, Peru, Ecuador etc, Does she look threatening to you? Her mother made me a corn and fish thing baked in banana leaves. No curare added.

61 Likes

Behold, the GOPers who wrap themselves in the cloak of Christianity. They are morally and ethically bankrupt in every way.

28 Likes

Yon sounds like a character from a mid-1970s National Lampoon send up of early 1900s American racism. (ed.)

12 Likes

“All the best people.”

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available