House Democrats’ Twitter Account Pounces On AOC’s Chief Of Staff

The House Democrats’ Twitter account posted a screenshot of a tweet posted by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s (D-NY) chief of staff and accused the staffer of “singling out a Native American woman of color.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1235242

Stop it. Just Stop! We have bigger fish to fry in case these people haven’t noticed.

52 Likes

Pencils sharpened too sharp break when writing.

If I didn’t know better, I would see a “Dems-in-disarray-coordination”. What I see is sincerity and nuances.

Maybe we should think a little like Uncle Joe Stalin…On October 1941 he would have worked with TROTSKY to keep from being strung up by Hitler.

The dangers we all face from the GOP are about as serious.

Cowboy the fuck up.

14 Likes

(sigh) Circular firing squad of Dems, while the Repubs dance on by and destroy the country.

12 Likes

The Dems need to wait until they have POTUS and both Houses of Congress before they start engaging in intraparty pissing matches.

20 Likes

I’m especially not a fan of an anonymous tweet. At least use your own name and be held accountable for better or worse.

2 Likes

The anonymous Dem tweet stirred up something that could have been left to settle. And the self-righteousness of it “Keep he name out of your mouth” Wut?

3 Likes

When I was in the fifth grade we all played “Army”…I strutted around and made myself a captain.

I was COMBAT READY

Then I looked at the guy next to my desk and saw that he made himself a colonel…

Then Nancy dismissed class…

5 Likes

Donald Trump and Nancy Pelosi are aligned against a common enemy: the Democratic Party.

6 Likes

Someone might want to educate AOC’s COS on the theory of skiing.

7 Likes

Just going off a hunch here, but maybe the bosses should take away their associates’ cell phones during drinking hours.

Doubt that clap-back done at almost 10 in the evening on a Friday evening over two weeks after the original post was a sober one.

15 Likes

5 Likes

Oh, it didn’t stay anonymous for long.

@pshah

3 Likes

Using Twitter to attack other Democrats ad hominem —regardless of who is attacking whom—reduces important issues to meaningless personal invective. We won’t beat the enemy by mimicking its methods. Personal attack and reductive commentary within the D party to score points is the opposite of what thinking people want or expect. It’s like freaking grade school name-calling. I am admittedly an old Luddite, and am not so naïve as to think we need to be civil to the enemy, but unless we align constructively against them, we will lose. Who wins this debate and to what end? The answer eludes me.

9 Likes

"illustrates a growing rift between moderate Democrats and the progressive faction growing on the left flank of the party. "

Reporters need to stick to the facts instead of projecting forward. This is one disturbing tweet from one employee of a House member. He is deplorable, his own rhetoric illustrates his bigotry, ignorance and willingness to harm others for his own misguided agenda. Nothing more.

It was necessary to call him on it and frankly, he should be eiither fired on warned. AOC needs to speak out and clarify her own position on race and name calling.

25 Likes

It’s called Party Discipline… I’m with AOC about issues… But if she can’t control her Chief of Staff, I’m all for Nancy doing what her daughter says she’s capable of doing…

“She’ll cut your head off and you won’t even know you’re bleeding,” filmmaker Alexandra Pelosi says about her mother…

17 Likes

People who support policies that are racist are people who support racists. It really isn’t any more complicated than that.

4 Likes

Both need to be taken aside and reminded that Donald Trump is the dangerous one here not members of your own party. This entire dust up was avoidable. It is a case of hitting send before fulling thinking through the consequences -an immature response. AOC should put a stop to this now wrt her staffer. And whoever is in charge of the House Dems twitter needs to be removed.

13 Likes

You delight in being wrong, don’t you?

11 Likes

Yes, she is excellent at stabbing her fellow Democrats in the back. Too bad she doesn’t share that same level of vitriol for Republicans.

5 Likes