House Democrats Pass Climate And Health Care Bill While Republicans Parrot Conspiracy Theory

OT. Merrick Garland’s DOJ isn’t doing enough?

The Southern Baptist Convention, the second-largest faith group in the country, said Friday that the Justice Department is investigating multiple arms of the denomination following an internal report that showed mishandling of sexual abuse cases.

The investigation is related to a recent bombshell third-party report commissioned by the SBC, a spokesman said late Friday. The report concluded that sex abuse survivors were often ignored, minimized and “even vilified” by top clergy in the nation’s largest Protestant denomination.

Well, good thing we have a nice supply of lawyers in this country.

28 Likes

Coming this fall …

The Accountancy

(sound of a shotgun being pumped)

They are CPA’s and they are ready to take Account!

(The team assembles, white shirt, narrow ties and briefcases with their lunch inside)

Bring your receipts, before they bring it!

(Fade to black with sound of rapid entry on a ten key, paper tape advancing)

19 Likes

Democrats are passing bills and Republicans are passing gas. I wonder if anybody in the media will notice that Republicans have nothing to talk about that doesn’t involve allegations of criminal activity by their mob boss.

22 Likes

I like this movie, for a number of reasons:

7 Likes

Kev, is wiping his face a bit here.

27 Likes

Sorry this is month-old news but I’m linking to it anyway because it’s funny and

ICYMI
to celebrate the Climate and Health Bill
as Rod Serling used to say, submitted for your approval

ETA: um, this is 13 month-old news. WTF, ted?

12 Likes

Always take screenshots.

3 Likes

Yes, despite all the difficulties and the two sorta-dems, Schumer got it done and Pelosi delivered. Nice job.

I have a vested interest as I have a hydrogen car (due basically to ridiculous rebates and tax credits, and no where to charge an electric car (plus Musk is a lunatic)) - although I’ve got a $15k fuel card that lasts 5 more years, the infrastructure sucks down here in SoCal - nearest station is 15 miles away, then another 40. Supposed to be one opening a half mile from work, most of the bits are there but it’s been under construction for a good six months.

5 Likes

In not just the elected Repubs, but the candidates too.
I was just reading Eric Schmitt MO senate candidate’s twitter and he pulled out the old chestnut that Dems always tax and spend this country into debt. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I guess they don’t need pocket protectors any more… :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

You had me with the Peugeot 505 in the opening of the trailer…

Kevlar Pocket Protectors.

5 Likes

I finally figured out that if you have fingers to tap or toes to snap, or insides to jiggle, you can dance. It’s all in the head and the heart. Said the man who dances like I’m trying to swim thru air.

4 Likes

The GQP also have a history of (To quote Madam Speaker): “Voting No and taking the dough.”

Fortunately the DCCC has a plan.

A couple of dozen billboards would be useful as well.

24 Likes

This uh, gentleman in New Zealand bought his hydrogen powered SUV without bothering to find out where he could refuel.

4 Likes

They got it done.

The work and stress was worth it, everyone.

8 Likes

Well done democrats!!
The bill got passed!!

13 Likes

Democrats in array!”

Yes! In solar array, you could say.

10 Likes

She and a few other officials are dangerously close to incitement.

4 Likes

Jolly Good!

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available