House Democrats Pass Climate And Health Care Bill While Republicans Parrot Conspiracy Theory

I was not a Chuck Schumer fan until about a week ago.

This bill is an important step forward; maybe the oil and coal industries will see the writing on the wall. Because it’s not nice to fool Mother Nature. And she’s pissed.

28 Likes

Thank you, Mr. President and everyone who worked to get this done against horrific blowback.
Slow and steady does indeed get the job done!

32 Likes

This photo essay is just jaw-dropping (gift link). When you starve an agency for decades it’s no wonder it breaks

39 Likes

All House dems and all Senate dems

23 Likes

That is why my Representative, Yvette Herrell stayed in New Mexico, she is one of those proxy votes, she designated Bryon Donalds of Florida to cast her vote. I can see her doing this, thinking that it would make the bill invalid. So, this is her out, her proxy voted against it, because she is in a tough race for re-election, so she can tell us that she was not there to vote against it since many in her district wanted her to vote yes on the bill.

17 Likes

I wouldn’t mind 87,000 IRS agents armed with AR-15s. Send a battalion to the Hamptons, another battalion to Palm Beach, another to Atherton, one each to Sun Valley and Vail and Aspen and Palm Springs. (In season, of course,)

Politely knock on doors and play The Beatles “Taxman”

People would be quaking in their boots.

23 Likes

You forgot their main talking point “Hunter Bidens’ laptop1!!1!1?!!”

This is a BFD, thankful that they passed something meaningful. Mrs. Citizen is a tax CPA and even the practitioner lines can go a couple of hours without being answered. The IRS desperately needs modernized systems.

24 Likes

Yay!!

8 Likes

Sore loser…

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1558208560286388224?s=21&t=h53BYC54wGaz7BSnGWihIw

2 Likes

Back in my yute I could dance reel gude.
Now I snap my fingers.

9 Likes

FYI: Her filthy restaurant was closed down last month. Not renewing her lease.

34 Likes

Go Dems!!!

“Given the social media chatter we’re already seeing, it’s all too easy to imagine individuals using these conspiracy theories as justification for violence against public servants and their families,” he said. “It’s unbelievable that we even need to say this, but there are not going to be 87,000 armed IRS agents going door-to-door with assault weapons.”

If those dumbasses who listen to Boebert and other republicans’ bullcrap can read, they should read this.

24 Likes

You understand that it wasn’t easily done, I hope. Chess-playing was involved, and the stars aligned.

18 Likes

“Democrats in array!”

49 Likes

I posted the quoted article below a while ago but it’s worth repeating… the GOP has handicapped the IRS by design to protect their rich buddies. I’m glad that this bill is finally attempting to fix some of the problem.

The IRS enforcement division has faced the deepest cuts: its budget was cut 23 percent between 2010 and 2021, after adjusting for inflation, and its staff has fallen by 31 percent, even after a small increase in 2020. Worse still, the number of revenue agents — auditors uniquely qualified to process the complex returns of high-income individuals and corporations — fell by 40 percent between 2010 and 2020, to levels not seen since 1954.[4]

Auditing, particularly of the most complex returns, remains labor intensive. Largely as a result of funding cuts and declining audit staff, the overall audit rate fell by 58 percent between 2010 and 2019, the last year comparable data are available. Over the same period, the audit rate on large corporations fell 54 percent, and audits on millionaires plummeted 71 percent. (See Figure 3.)

https://www.cbpp.org/research/federal-tax/congress-needs-to-take-two-steps-to-fund-the-irs-for-the-short-and-long-term

(and btw, I am still waiting for my 2020 tax return… I got a letter a couple months ago saying it was on the way… but still no check. There was a minor mistake on it which I fixed within 2 weeks of sending it, which has made it take over a year now to process…)

26 Likes

Sums it up nicely.

4 Likes

You forgot Martha’s Vineyard……

Better yet- stake out Teterboro airport and catch the lions share of them as their private jets fly in and out of the NY Metro area.

3 Likes

“utterly pointless theatrics from a party caught in a toxic MAGA echo chamber”

Pretty much sums up the Republicans these days, and not just on this bill–whether they like it or not.

15 Likes

Hooray array!!!

7 Likes

That tweet appears to have been taken down.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available