House Democrats Pass Climate And Health Care Bill While Republicans Parrot Conspiracy Theory

House Democrats easily passed the Inflation Reduction Act Friday, a historic climate package that will also lower certain health care costs. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1428795
1 Like

Good.

The biggest climate change bill in U.S. history will be heading to President Biden’s desk today. That, combined with numerous Exec. Actions the administration indicated they were taking, according to most climate advocates who work on this and have studied the Senate/House bill, will get us to our (U.S.) Paris agreement targets by 2030.

65 Likes

The Dems have great talking points for 2022 and 2024. The Repubs have histrionics, allegations of victimhood, and “squirrels.”

58 Likes

Woohooo!

It’s a big Joe-Biden deal.

48 Likes

This is a big fucking deal!

43 Likes

Big fucking deal yo!

28 Likes

If I could dance, I would do a Happy Dance!

17 Likes

Like this?

17 Likes

Thanks, Brandon!

42 Likes

“A division of armed IRS agents can travel around the world and back again while the replacement clerks hired by the IRA are lacing up their boots."—Mark Twain

26 Likes

Suck it, Mitch.

22 Likes

45 Likes

Sure.

3 Likes

“That’s not how this works. That’s not how any of this works…”

46 Likes

that the bill will mean the employment of 87,000 new, armed IRS agents who will target middle-income families.

C’mon now. If this was true, it would mean huge profits for gun manufacturers. Which would mean the NRA would back it, therefore, so would the Republican Party.

29 Likes

Now THAT, is how you do infrastructure week.

57 Likes

Just like little children throwing temper tantrums.

15 Likes

Democrats played this beautifully. I hate to say it, but I’m frankly surprised. Pleasantly so, of course.

35 Likes

I’ve been calling the IRS for months. Once I let the phone ring for like 8 hours. I hope some of the new hires are to answer the damn phone!

22 Likes

I used to have trouble articulating the difference between Democrats and Republicans, because it seemed that there were so many topics on which they differed. Recently, though, the Republicans are really crystallizing their positions and it seems the basic difference is that they don’t think the rich should pay taxes or be subject to laws, while Democrats think everyone should.

44 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available