House Democrats Pass Climate And Health Care Bill While Republicans Parrot Conspiracy Theory

This might fly in Arizona, but surely voters in your N.M. district can see through that very weak argument. She voted against a popular bill because the Republican Party decreed that all enemies of the people, er, all Republican members, should vote against it.

3 Likes

What will the “87,000 armed IRS agents” be “going door-to-door with”?

1 Like

Same here, but no 8 hr patience. I got a letter from the IRS saying I had a huge Covid stimulus check that I did not receive due to several recent moves. I had to call the IRS to get it sent to me. After several attempts and wait times of 60+ minutes on hold, I gave up after waiting 1.5 hours.

My contribution to the public debt, apparently.

It is a good (not great) bill. But surprisingly good enough. I do wish Sinema hadn’t nixed my pet peeve on taxing pass-through monies for hedge funds. That is what $1Million+ contributions from Wall Street will get ya. I do hope the good folk of AZ throw her out next election for this.

8 Likes

It has really been that way for quite some time.
Repubs are just more open or ‘out’ with it these days.

5 Likes

I think many voted for Joe Biden simply in the hope a seasoned, non-reactive adult would steer the ship of state into a safe harbor, but expectations be damned! In under two years the Biden administration is becoming one of the most legislatively successful and economically significant Presidencies in the last generation, all while being vociferously thwarted by the GOP as well as the usual suspects from within the Democratic caucus.

No easy feat!

17 Likes

And Mama Nature ALWAYS WINS!

3 Likes

Now extend that effort to starving routine legislative matters, the independent judiciary, electoral processes and general public discourse, and - unsurprisingly - an entire nation can begin to buckle.

I give you the modern day Trumplican party.

4 Likes

Bitch and moan.
That is the Republican raison d’être.
They are second rate performance artists. Not legislators.

1 Like

Exactly my first thought on reading “…the hiring of 86,852 full-time IRS employees by 2031.” Because, of course, 2022 IS ALSO–and simultaneously2031. JFC. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :man_facepalming:

I mean, I KNOW Republican’ts struggle w/ the concept of Time, having lived through 2003 (when Iraq’s Saddam Hussein was alleged–falsely–to have weapons of mass destruction (WMDs)) being the same as the early 1980s when he actually DID. It’s just stunning to have to deal w/ these levels of bullshit.

1 Like

Do the happy dance! You’ll regret you didn’t when you die.

3 Likes

good one, g

Maybe we can get the Boebhert kid and Trump’s youngest to play together. Then watch two spoiled egos fight.

‘Voted No Took the Dough’ is a GREAT slogan - billboard is too much info for drivers

2 Likes

That is the entire point of dance. Good on you.

2 Likes

And for courtship. And to bring rain. And to please the gods.

4 Likes

That’s gqp levels of smart…

Only if they also have high-speed high-volume document copying gear and an AI like Watson™ to skim ALL the records for places to have the auditors start looking.

ETA - maybe a few comfort animals, too, to help the subjects cope with being separated from their ill-retained gains.

1 Like

She is all over the place in this campaign. She does not know from one day to the next day how to campaign for this race because this is the first time that she is running as an underdog. The new district lines have her out of her comfort zones and she keeps wanting to campaign in Eastern New Mexico, where in the old district it was all about the gas and oil. That is what she wants it to be. She and the Republicans never thought the Democrats would come in and break up the control that the gas and oil had in NM 2nd Congressional District. The Republicans thought that the Democrats would leave everything the same as it was, except the governor wanted things to be different. She wanted the Latinos to have more representation in one congressional district and she wanted the tribes to have more representation. The governor got her way. The NM 2nd Congressional District will have the largest representation of Latinos in for the state and the tribes will have more representation. The Republicans are fighting the new district lines and it is still in court with decision yet. Until then she must campaign in the new lines, and she hates it because it represents everything that she is against.

She ventures north to Albuquerque to her new northern portions of the district to where they don’t really know her, but she still refuses to campaign in the areas west of the Organ Mountains around Las Cruses or Silver City.

Where I live in Las Cruces, they have built hundreds of new houses. She won’t come here because many of the new houses have solar panels being installed on them, along with the other new smart technology for homes. Most of the voters in the district live around Las Cruces and that is where the power now resides in the district and where it should have been all along. Her problem is that the Democrats control this portion of the district and that is why she ignores it.

1 Like

Objectively true. It ain’t the New Deal, but it sure echos the New Deal. And that will bring out the Vandals to destroy it.

1 Like

Unlike during FDR’s first term Biden does not have between 60-75 Democratic Senators and a 3-1 advantage in Dem House members, so of course expectations are adjusted.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available