House Democrats Pass Climate And Health Care Bill While Republicans Parrot Conspiracy Theory

This is the great historical news item of the week. Nothing is more important than climate.

It’s also a reminder that while we must welcome our never Trump Republican allies when it comes to investigating and punishing the bastard, the most dangerous and absurd conspiracy theory in America today is still climate change denial. I will never straight up donate to or vote for the likes of Kinzinger and Cheney even if I joyfully applaud their Trump take downs. They are still dark age style conspiracists and promoters of genocidal inaction.

(I still love to watch Trump go down, don’t get me wrong.)

6 Likes

Might want to include the three Manhattan heliports as well!

4 Likes

Captain Moron.

2 Likes

The bill passed on partisan lines, with every Democrat voting for it and every Republican voting against it (four Republicans didn’t vote at all).

It seems to be a subtle point facing stiff resistance, very much on the left (diehard liberals take pride in having conservative friends), but anyone voting for any Republican is voting not just for the destruction of our democracy but also of our planet. They – the individual voters – are not innocent, or to the extent that they are, they are just gullible rubes or living in denial. So, friends who are politically assholes / morons / cowards.

5 Likes

This might fly in Arizona, but surely voters in your N.M. district can see through that very weak argument. She voted against a popular bill because the Republican Party decreed that all enemies of the people, er, all Republican members, should vote against it.

3 Likes

What will the “87,000 armed IRS agents” be “going door-to-door with”?

1 Like

Same here, but no 8 hr patience. I got a letter from the IRS saying I had a huge Covid stimulus check that I did not receive due to several recent moves. I had to call the IRS to get it sent to me. After several attempts and wait times of 60+ minutes on hold, I gave up after waiting 1.5 hours.

My contribution to the public debt, apparently.

It is a good (not great) bill. But surprisingly good enough. I do wish Sinema hadn’t nixed my pet peeve on taxing pass-through monies for hedge funds. That is what $1Million+ contributions from Wall Street will get ya. I do hope the good folk of AZ throw her out next election for this.

8 Likes

It has really been that way for quite some time.
Repubs are just more open or ‘out’ with it these days.

5 Likes

I think many voted for Joe Biden simply in the hope a seasoned, non-reactive adult would steer the ship of state into a safe harbor, but expectations be damned! In under two years the Biden administration is becoming one of the most legislatively successful and economically significant Presidencies in the last generation, all while being vociferously thwarted by the GOP as well as the usual suspects from within the Democratic caucus.

No easy feat!

17 Likes

And Mama Nature ALWAYS WINS!

3 Likes

Now extend that effort to starving routine legislative matters, the independent judiciary, electoral processes and general public discourse, and - unsurprisingly - an entire nation can begin to buckle.

I give you the modern day Trumplican party.

4 Likes

Bitch and moan.
That is the Republican raison d’être.
They are second rate performance artists. Not legislators.

1 Like

Exactly my first thought on reading “…the hiring of 86,852 full-time IRS employees by 2031.” Because, of course, 2022 IS ALSO–and simultaneously2031. JFC. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :man_facepalming:

I mean, I KNOW Republican’ts struggle w/ the concept of Time, having lived through 2003 (when Iraq’s Saddam Hussein was alleged–falsely–to have weapons of mass destruction (WMDs)) being the same as the early 1980s when he actually DID. It’s just stunning to have to deal w/ these levels of bullshit.

1 Like

Do the happy dance! You’ll regret you didn’t when you die.

3 Likes

good one, g

Maybe we can get the Boebhert kid and Trump’s youngest to play together. Then watch two spoiled egos fight.

‘Voted No Took the Dough’ is a GREAT slogan - billboard is too much info for drivers

2 Likes

That is the entire point of dance. Good on you.

2 Likes

And for courtship. And to bring rain. And to please the gods.

4 Likes

That’s gqp levels of smart…

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available