House Committee Drops Transcript From McGahn’s Closed Door Hearing

The House Judiciary Committee has released the transcript of the closed-door June 4 hearing with Don McGahn, the former White House counsel.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1376973
1 Like

Welp, this’ll be fun.

20 Likes

Well, they had better pick it up before it gets dirty.

23 Likes

Joe Biden will have to assiduously avoid commenting or acting on any of this.

It’s how Joe rolls.

1 Like

Nadler on the case. This happened a few days ago and I was waiting for this.

20 Likes

Quite likely. I can hear Trump howling already, and I am on the other side of the country. Should help fuel some schadenfreude anyway.

13 Likes

Seriously…I was thinking drone

4 Likes

I got goosebumps just reading the description of what’s in the transcript.

Can we please lock the motherfucker up?

45 Likes

One of the things that would have been a great series of One-Two punches would have been:

• Charges
  • Legislation
  • Charges
  • Legislation

They actually influence each other…and it could be ABBA, AAAB, BBBA, BAAB, AAAA, etc.

13 Likes

So what - if anything - happens from here?

6 Likes

Meanwhile, The Boston Globe editorial board — The Boston Globe! — is calling for Cadet Toadglan’s prosecution for crimes committed while in office. And they make a very compelling case.

This, too, is bound to make the Mayor of Lard-o-Grotto very happy.

45 Likes

Page 104:

“McGahn said that the President asked him to do, quote, ‘do crazy shit,’ unquote…”

Good times, good times…

(But, hey, at least we avoided Pantsuit Lady Who Gave Speeches To Bankers!)

57 Likes

Update: McGahn did an awful lot of “I don’t remember” or “It wasn’t in my brief” or “I couldn’t hold back Trump just by being his lawyer,” and, to quote @ericgarland (who’s come up in a WaR thread recently): “McGahn is trying to hold back a tsunami with a car-wash bucket. He ain’t got no plea deal.”

I think Garland is correct.

34 Likes

I’m just waiting for the bridge…

16 Likes

That sounds like McGahn didn’t understand the difference between being the White House counsel and Cockholster’s personal lawyer.

29 Likes

The Globe is a liberal paper, owned since 2013 by John Henry, who also owns the Red Sox.
He bought it from the New York Times.

11 Likes

Pro Tip to the headline writer:

Using “drops” instead of “releases” is too cute by half.
Don’t do it again.

36 Likes

Interesting to me that both attorneys present for McGahn and DOJ are women.

Also too: Matt Gaetz is a no show and sent one of his legislative directors in his place. And that’s just page 3 of 241.

19 Likes

You might be thinking of the conservative-leaning Boston Herald.

8 Likes

Probably had a date for the junior prom.

25 Likes