Health Experts Sound Alarm As Trump Pretends Everything With COVID Is Hunky-Dory

No longer hospitalized over a virus he spent months purposefully downplaying to the public, President Donald Trump has been eager to falsely portray COVID-19 as No. Big. Deal.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1336657

You dont really need to be an expert to sound alarm

11 Likes

Trump has gone all in on a miracle recovery. If he gets very ill, he is done whether he dies or not. He might gain some advantage if he somehow recovers but that is unlikely to occur and COVID is still raging in the general population. We should know the likely outcome when he gets off the steroids. They may have made it worse by giving them to him early in the course of his infection. They typically are used later to get through the more serious stage of the disease.

11 Likes

Trump’s a pathological Pepe Le Pew, heedlessly infecting those around him. He’ll be re-hospitalized by the weekend.

9 Likes

Yeah, he’s dangerous. He’s been spouting erroneous public health misinformation since last March. Tell us something we don’t know. This is another repeat performance. I usually like reruns of good shows but this is not one of them. None of his repeats are ever helpful. They’re just more self-serving crap.

10 Likes

Karma is, as always, showcasing her impeccable timing for maximum irony.

I’m betting she’ll hit Fat “SuperSpreader” Nixon again, by the end of the week.

Just wait til one of his WH infectee’s dies, he’ll be blubbering like a cranky toddler.

Not about the victim, but about himself.

10 Likes

21 Likes

First, he irresponsibly told the country “Don’t be afraid of COVID” on Monday shortly before leaving Walter Reed Medical Center, where doctors reported that his oxygen blood levels dropped twice in recent days

previously

Now would be a great time for Fauci to go fishing.

13 Likes

Trump has bent over backward to minimize covid so far that he’s started to crawl up his own ass. And he’s doing it on global television, and he’s live-tweeting it. At this rate, by election day, either literally (r.i.p. Trump) or figuratively (Trump gasping “I’m not dead yet!” to a press gaggle as sweat streams down his face) he may have disappeared entirely.

11 Likes

Need to update this to milliseconds…

minutes

16 Likes

He’s going to get wrecked at next week’s town hall.

15 Likes

I want the drug cocktail he’s on. I never feel that good.

13 Likes

The plague scene in “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” just keeps replaying itself in my head, I hope this is resolved soon.

8 Likes

He will probably drag himself in to do it unless he is dead, he won’t want to miss the opportunity to get to herd mentality.

5 Likes

“The Last Gaslighting” is upon us…begin boarding the Hindenburg, please.

3 Likes

Even if he recovers he can’t resurrect 200,000 people.

8 Likes

He was dragged for mentioning that, after that ABC town hall.

5 Likes

“Hunky-Dory”
Honcho Dori is the broad avenue that leads from downtown Yokohama to the port.
It was a notorious red light district. Sailors brought the phrase to NY.

5 Likes

I really don’t think he’ll make it that far…hard to debate after intubation…

5 Likes

Does Trump really think he’s been cured of COVID because his doctors put him on therapeutics? Or does he think that they gave him a vaccine?

8 Likes