Harris Picks Minnesota Gov Tim Walz As Her Running Mate

Originally published at: Harris Picks Minnesota Gov Tim Walz As Her Running Mate - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Two sources familiar with the process confirmed to TPM that Vice President Kamala Harris has chosen Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz as her running mate. The Democratic ticket is expected to make its first public appearance together at a campaign rally at Temple University in Philadelphia later today. Follow our live coverage below:

1 Like

Yay!!! :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::champagne::champagne::champagne::champagne:

26 Likes

Looking forward to the campaign kicking into high gear. Also expecting the vetting process considered there’s an able Democratic Vice-Governor in Minnesota that could take his place.

19 Likes

Let’s get to work.

23 Likes

Can you imagine the Walz versus Guyliner debates? Tim will beat him like a gong.

Perfect choice.

46 Likes

The picture, especially the glasses, makes Walz look like Steve Martin. I like it.

15 Likes

Shame Don Rickles isnt alive to play him in SNL!

21 Likes

Great choice. There really weren’t any bad ones, but in the end it comes down to chemistry, and trust. Kamala chose someone she knows .Tim Walz will always have her back.

Go Harris / Walz ! Keep America Free and Strong !!

23 Likes

The Happy Warriors. Perfect foil for their opponents.

38 Likes

I am guessing that Guyliner ( love it) will not debate. His master won’t, so he will follow suit.

27 Likes

So excited to see the enthusiasm of new voters, as it was clear that the young people really wanted Walz. As a senior and a Minnesotan, I knew he would be a good fit. But the youth excitement will be so much fun to watch.

49 Likes

Doesn’t anyone have recriminations to offer? No?

Okay then, let’s do this.

63 Likes

And @spiderpig, @thomaspaine, @dr_coyote -

I’m crying right now (seriously) - with Joy!

12 Likes

And thus the attack ads (e.g., “they’re BOTH cowards! What are Trump and Vance so scared about?!”) write themselves.

And, it drives Trump/Vance back toward the feral base and further chokes-off any avenue toward expanding that base.

#GOTV

28 Likes

I would just like to point out that three weeks ago, Dems were tearing themselves apart out of despair for Joe’s debate debacle and inability to rectify it, versus deep loyalty to the man for delivering more than just about anyone had thought was possible. And in the end, he did exactly the right thing and gave us this brilliant, exciting, accomplished, and totally authentic ticket that all of us can genuinely feel great about.

Politics is a team sport. Joe gets a gold medal for this one.

138 Likes

Indeed yes. I posted this Luckovich cartoon to another thread yesterday: it is a fitting tribute to a remarkable man.

83 Likes

Whether or not the bastards agree to debate, I would love to see Harris and Walz schedule a bunch of network town hall events. The idea of trump and Jaydee trying to match up to that amuses me greatly. Team Joy versus Team Weird – bring it on!

48 Likes

Hear! Hear!

9 Likes

“… and embracing policies to allow convicted felons to vote…”

“Uh, what’s wrong with THAT?”

27 Likes

For all the MSM idiots squawking " he attained the rank of Command Sergent Major…one of the highest enlisted ranks"…fuck you. CSM IS the highest enlisted rank. From what I understand he’s an artilleryman…where CSM counts.

26 Likes