Harris Picks Minnesota Gov Tim Walz As Her Running Mate

“Me, too.”

16 Likes

That is a deep-space vacuum lack of self-awareness right there.

12 Likes

Which is ironic since it’s the other ticket that has Two Weird and Crazy Guys…

23 Likes

Is he in the conversation for GOAT?

11 Likes

Part of the vetting conversation:

Shapiro: “And, I’ve got space lasers…”
Harris: “Nah, we’re good.”

6 Likes

Creepy instead

2 Likes

Not really. But he might end up top 10 depending on how his legacy shakes out in the years ahead. And he’s still got 5-1/2 months to get more things done.

24 Likes

tRump-Hillbilly will settle on the BLM- burning down the 3rd Precinct - George Floyd demo “lawlessness” as the campaign attack du jour. Lawnorder plus racism, a twofer hard to resist for the MAGA set.

10 Likes

Two happy warriors vs a grumpy old guy & a refugee goth kid. I like our chances.

17 Likes

I can’t see that doing much. It’s tired and and and…Jan 6!

5 Likes

5 1/2 months. With Presidential Immunity! (Thank you, JR!)

6 Likes

Harris is also up 4 points Nationally in this morning’s Morning Consult poll. Harris / Walz will be up even more tomorrow.

26 Likes

Sergeant Majors are the brains and brawn of any unit and get more done than the COs. Anyone who served knows this to be true.

27 Likes

43 Likes

Not only am I enthused by the selection of Walz from a great filed of potential picks, I’m also very impressed with the discipline of the Harris campaign in keeping the selection under wraps despite the intense interest surrounding her choice.

Harris/Walz with the momentum and the winning message. I can hardly wait for the convention and the bounce sure to follow.

33 Likes

Tim Walz’s undergraduate degree is from a state college nobody here has ever heard of before. His master’s degree is from Minnesota State.

He was a sergeant in the National Guard. 24 years as an enlisted soldier, never a commissioned officer. He did the grunt work of logistics.

He taught high school geography and coached his school’s football team to a state championship. He was faculty advisor to the school’s Gay-Straight Alliance.

I fucking love this guy. He’s the antithesis of everything that’s weird and fucked up about trump and Vance.

104 Likes

Same.

[e/t/a: and a Master Sergeant! Means he knows how to get shit done, and when and when not to kick asses]

33 Likes

Thirded.

5 Likes

Hopefully the current mood and enthusiasm will endure until November and the Democrats can avoid their typical holier than thouisms. Let’s not sharp shoot our candidate…this time. Let’s not be above it all and rag on the best thing we’ve got and for fucks sake don’t parrot MSM crap. There’s no reason to be superior and dig for dirt. Intellectual and clutch pearls. Just fucking win.

14 Likes

He was a CSM which is a battalion level command position. He had hundreds of men under him and his superior offices at Battalion HQ were dependent on him if they wished to advance their careers.

26 Likes