Haley Says Tillerson And Kelly Tried To Convince Her To Secretly Work Around Trump

Once again, Nikki Haley proves the one constant among Trump’s brown nosing posse is, the less they say, the smarter they seem.

14 Likes

Incredibly ironic too. If Christ showed up, the Evangelicals at this point would walk right over him to see a Trump Rally.

12 Likes

She is simultaneously sucking up to Trump in advance of her 2024 run for President while tossing other former Trump inner circle names under the bus. Nobody tell her that Donnie’s plan is to install Iskanka when he leaves office.

2 Likes

I hope way many more have purchased their ticket on the sinking SS Trump.

5 Likes

She thinks they should have been telling the POS this instead of her and what would have happened if they’d done that? They would have been fired/let go a lot sooner.

1 Like

I loved this little dig at Haley:

Haley’s experience as governor during the 2015 murders of nine black churchgoers inside a historic African American church in Charleston by an avowed white supremacist made Trump’s reaction to Charlottesville painful, Haley wrote. Trump said “both sides” had been to blame for the violence.

“A leader’s words matter in these situations. And the president’s words had been hurtful and dangerous,” Haley wrote. “I picked up the phone and called the president.”

Haley did not air any objections publicly, however.

Yep. More profiles in courage from the republicans. Then she goes after people who were trying to mitigate some of Trump’s damage?!

She, that interview, and her book are a mess of contradictions. Bye, Nikki.

21 Likes

I trust you.

2 Likes

This is definitely some first-class sucking up and angling for a VP spot.

3 Likes

The heroes and zeroes dialectic is getting way too relative for my taste.

In person, for all I care.

10 Likes

Yep. I think she’s less projecting than she is an opportunist making her play. She’s publically announcing that she’s on Trump’s side and supporting him through the impeachment process - in other words, she thinks Trump is going to survive impeachment and get another term.

Or - and I suppose this is more likely - she’s planning a 2020 presidential run if Trump is removed from office, and a 2024 run if not. And she wants to be on record supporting Trump so she can appeal to his base.

10 Likes

Kelly responds by saying,

“If by resistance and stalling she means putting a staff process in place…to ensure the [President] knew all the pros and cons of what policy decision he might be contemplating so he could make an informed decision, then guilty as charged,” Kelly told CBS News in response to Haley’s account.

Kelly failed, obviously, and there have been no informed decisions unless Trump realized decisions were hurting him personally and/or politically, and then he backtracked - NOT to benefit America or its citizens.

Fundamentally unfit to be POTUS, Nikki.

12 Likes

She was nominated to Boeing’s board in February of 2019. She was voted to be a board member May 1, 2019 during a shareholder meeting.
Did she use her connections with Trump to get nominated to Boeing’s board?
How much is she paid and how is she qualified to be on the board of an aviation company?

Added:
Are any of Trump’s children board members of companies due to their father?
I mean it’s only fair to ask after their interest in Hunter.

14 Likes

+1. I don’t understand Haley’s play here. It has been widely noted that she is perhaps the only person to have their reputation enhanced by being in the Trump administration. She managed to not upset Trump or his supporters but also become the great elephant hope of the never-trumpers.

Why speak out now? Make yourself look craven the week before devistating testimony lands on Trump’s head.

This does nothing for Haley and nothing for the country. Just shows that some of were wrong in thinking Haley had a future…

8 Likes

I called the president, too. But, I didn’t pick up the phone. I called him an asshole.

15 Likes

I don’t either, but she did become governor of South Carolina as a woman of Indian descent, so some credit is due. We’ll have to wait and see if she miscalculated.

1 Like

It seems Haley is pushing the narrative that there is a deep state in the administrative actively working to undermine the president.
Haley is noxious. No courage of conviction. Detestable

8 Likes

Except that his base’s cringe reflex has atrophied to the point of nonexistence. Many are poisoned because the mister yuk on the container looks like their kind of guy.

7 Likes

Great career move Haley if the GOP survives this.

With brown skin and a vagina? Guess again, Nikki. Clearly you don’t see your party.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available