Grassley, Johnson Push Ukraine-DNC Conspiracy Theory With Doc Demand | Talking Points Memo

One day after the House wrapped up public hearings in its impeachment inquiry, two Republican senators opened their own investigation into Ukraine.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1264631

Isn’t Johnson one of the guys Sondland said was in the loop?

48 Likes

Yes and Grassley is just an old goat

11 Likes

Hey, more disinfo. Be interesting to know this character’s backstory.

6 Likes

Guessing he is connected to the Russian mob is some way.

4 Likes

Which goes to show that if this is enough for Reps, then if they had this transcript of Obama having this conversation and asking for an Investigation into Romney and all these career diplomats corroborating, they would be talking about treason as one of the articles of impeachment and Fox News would be wall to wall about how Democrat’s are run by the Kremlin through George Soros and the entire party leadership should be investigated and jailed.

Sorry for the run on sentence. Anger turns me into a cheap Jack Kerouac

26 Likes

Biden, Obama, Kerry, and HRC should all volunteer to testify before the Senate. The Rethugs got nothing.

15 Likes

And remember when Obama refused to keep records of the visitors to the White House? And Trump reversed that decision?

I have that backwards, don’t I?

47 Likes

BothSides™ Media field day fast approaching…

15 Likes

Thats the play: the Senate “trial” will just be the two sides yelling past each other.

5 Likes
43 Likes

I guess the Clinton Foundation is so last season.

11 Likes

One dotty old fart plus one dim bulb equals “nuttier than squirrel poop.”

9 Likes

Yes. Why don’t they subpoena Johnson?

11 Likes

…and this is just another reason why the Pelosi/Schiff passive approach to the GOP’s “SQUIRREL!!” strategy during the hearings was a mistake.

Instead of pointing out that Jordan, Nunes, etc were delberately spreading Russian disinformation every time they mentioned this supposed plot, Schiff and the committee (with a few exceptions - like Swalwell) remained silent.

And now we have this – based mostly on the word of one dubious Ukrainian official (willing to bet he’s part of the Lusenko group), being promulgated by people like the already compromised Ron Johnson.

BTW, to give you some idea of how ridiculous this is, here is the first accusation…

Note that Manafort did not even get in touch with Tom Barrack to offer his services to Trump until Februrary 2016…

11 Likes

Ron is a laughable tool. HE’S the lead GOP investigator?

–> Incapable of locating his OWN johnson.

6 Likes

This is just another way to say SQUIRREL!!
It’s just a distraction from all the damaging testimony.
Like I said, David Faris called this in his second to last article. He said we will hear from Barr’s DoJ on this at a critical time in order to distract and deflect.

12 Likes

So the administration withholding all documents requested about their interactions with Ukraine will now produce all documents requested about the previous administration’s interactions with Ukraine in order to influence and rig the next election.

War.

32 Likes

Because they’re only going to have enough time to subpoena Schiff.

2 Likes

Perhaps the only way in which the Senate is representative of the nation as a whole right now.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available