Grassley Defends Whistleblower Again | Talking Points Memo

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) reiterated his stance that whistleblowers should be protected in light of President Trump’s call for a public whistleblower testimony.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1260042
2 Likes

Well, I guess occasionally you get this stopped-clock thing going on.

30 Likes

Uh-oh…someone’s not toeing the line. This could get messy.

Let’s face it, Grassley is closer to the grave than he is to his next reelection campaign, which is three years away at this point when he’ll be 88 or 89 years old. Its really no wonder why Graham Cracker, who is up for reelection now in 2020 handed the keys to the Judiciary Committee back over to old man winter.

17 Likes

Grassley is one of the major sponsors of the Whistleblower law. This is his deal. I doubt he will give up but I suspect Devin Nunes or one of the other good evangelical politicians will leak the name as soon as possible. It’s gods law that counts.

16 Likes

Concrete sluice. Wire Cutters. All is groovy. We likely need a new bunker there anyway with modern improvements.

4 Likes

Unless it’s the second amendment. Then, of course, that’s inviolable.

3 Likes

Seems to me that even attempting to out the whistle-blower qualifies as a ¨high crime and misdemeanor" , considering that law is supposed to protect them.

Something to think about, Senator Grassley

17 Likes

I can’t wait until tRump starts calling Grassley mean nicknames or telling him he’s gonna cream his corn. Like Rmoney, it could happen. tRumplethinskin is predictable if nothing else.

10 Likes

Grassley will have to draw up the Susan Collins play as the clock runs out and take a sack for a loss on this one. Run it back(wards), Chuck!!

2 Likes

Crazy old codger realizes that some day the proverbial shoe may be on the other foot

4 Likes

Time to put a bit more steel in your spine, Chuckie!

2 Likes

I’m waiting for the drumbeat from Rs that Grass should leave because of his age the same way we Dems pound on my senator Feinstein about her age which is about the same as his and how she should leave stat.

Great cartoon. Toles really knows his subject.

7 Likes

And of course as he points out, this legislation is his baby. Didn’t expect the leopards to eat his face, like everyone else when their evil comes back to bite them, so to speak.

21 Likes

Did Grassley make a public statement that he would reserve judgement in this impeachment trial until he’s reviewed all the evidence? If he doesn’t support whistleblowers in that way then what is even the point? “Blow the whistle! Your identity will be kept secret! And we’ll do nothing!”

5 Likes

A blind squirrel.

3 Likes

Grassley doesn’t want to PISS AWAY his own reputation.

2 Likes

Both assuming of course that the GOP will still control the Senate… Hmm. But since Grassley’s whole career has been mulling over what comes before the judiciary, he may actually respect something Trump hates with all his heart: the law.

3 Likes

Not to mentiont Trump swore to uphold the law of the country. How often has he broken that oath?

4 Likes

The follow-up that should have been asked of Grassley is for his thoughts on the Whistleblower’s offer to answer written questions from Republicans including Trump.

3 Likes

Any inconvenient law for trump is made to be broken by him

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available